Transom Improvements for rough water

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by DickT, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

As for using that stainless, forget it, it will just chew up your alloy with galvanic corrosion. Nothing much you can do to that little boat that will make a difference. It is a very limited conveyance and you should not expect much from it. Certainly not the ability to handle "rough water".

2. DickT

DickT Junior Member

Points taken. I recognize that I have been imprecise more than once. Rather than "rough water" I should have said "short 1-2' chop' not too far from shore.
    I have no plans for major excursions. Neighbor has an 18' Lund Alaskan with 25 Johnson, trailer, downriggers, asking $6500 if I were flush and so inclined.

I lowered the motor an inch but haven't tried it yet. Curious if this is what HJS suggested:"I would try a delta-shaped wing that extends to the transom.
    I would make it slightly larger than necessary to begin with and then cut it down until I'm satisfied."

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.