Traditional British designs

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by John.l, May 1, 2013.

1. John.l

John.l New Member

Good afternoon all,

I am interested in traditional boat designs and have been looking at small inshore fishing boats in the UK that are still in production, such as the Orkney Longliner, Arran 16, 16ft Strongliner etc. All the hulls appear to be very similar and based on traditional, clinker built wooden boats used locally by fishermen.

Does anyone here know of similar designs currently produced in Sweden, Denmark,Norway or Germany? I would be very interested in owning a boat of this type (in fibreglass) and feel it would be ideal for my inshore fishing.

Best regards,

John

2. Arran Boats

Arran Boats New Member

Hello John, Arran Boats here, we can supply to Sweden! Give us a call if you haven't got sorted. It's perfect for inshore fishing!
    K Naitby
    Arran Boat Sales
    www.arranboat.co.uk

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.