thru hull exhaust on wellcraft please help

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by badbowtie, Jun 5, 2007.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Junior Member

I have a 85 wellcraft elite with a 350 I am going to do thru hull exhaust on this boat I am looking for someone that has done a how to or some more specs on doing this. I am going to use my water mixed exhaust manifolds I have and hoping to just come of the risers and straight out the back. Please give me some more feedback on doing this and a good place to order some tips from. I am not looking for anything off the wall just cheap and easy.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Are you using 3" hose?

3. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

There are plenty of online sources that sell thru-hull tips and such - cpi, Rex Marine or Jamestown distributors to name just a few - however cheap is relative.
    It will be lot louder, but not at all faster with your small block; so if more speed is your motivation, you'll be disappointed. There is another thread discussing this earlier this year.
    I had straight thru-hulls on my boat and was looking to quiet it down a bit without going back through the outdrive. I picked up a couple of stock Donzi stainless steel muffler tips for $75 + shpipping on ebay. It's hit or miss on ebay, but it may be your cheapest option.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.