thai boat plans needed..

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by thailandboy2004, Nov 27, 2007.

1. thailandboy2004

thailandboy2004 Junior Member

does anyone know of a picture that they can email me or post here that shows what the bottom(outside) of this boat looks like?

2. thailandboy2004

from what i can tell,in picture from post #15, if those cross beams are seat backs, then the boat has very low sides and appear to be fairly flat bottom..

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A lot of long tails are simply old stuff with engines on them . They accidentaly work quite well.

Some are flat bottom for river work and go like hell with 24 valve screaming modern engines cut from accident vehicles.

But as previously mentioned these are basically used on the Chao Payar river in Bangkok ( Chao Payer means servant of the king) and is flat calm with clumps of floating vegitation which has no effect at all on the surface props.

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I was looking at some today whilst out for a ride on my cycle. I could go and take some photos of the ribs and frames if you wish. Actually these are Malaysian long tails, same same really. I am in Malaysia at the moment only about 6 miles over the border.

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

alost star?... butterworth?

6. thailandboy2004

frosty, that would be great if you don't mind and have some free time..you could post them here if you like or email me the picturs...thanks tom

7. thailandboy2004

hi westlawn, i was reading your profile..so you are planning to be a future designer of small boats? nice..maybe you could design one of these for me..lol.. maybe make it with plywood formers and plywood skins...just a thought;) :D ...tom

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Six miles westie, not so far. Use GoogleEarth & measure off or put "Frosty's boat" in the search engine. :D :D :D

I don't need to sneak up on ladies, they come to me.

9. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Mas so this where u try a subtle punch on me he... :D:D:D

Thailand boy... a river boat is differ those of a sea goin version.

Where I come from we have similar river boat but not car engine but Yamaha swamp engine... with the shaft... you can increase its power by installing a aluminium pipe near the blade so the thrust is greater and save fuel.

Go thailand and buy a second hand vessel or rent first before considering building one...

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Westy --Langkawi. Actually its only about 1 mile over the line between Langkawi and the Thai penal colony Island of Tarutao (not used any more and is a national park).

The ferry from Satun Thailand to Langkawi takes 1 hour and it does about 22 KTS so --Err I dont know where I am realy.

Lets put it this way if I go to the top of Langkawi I can see Thailand and use the Thai phone system -- Or if I go up the mountain in the middle I can phone from there too.

Oh, I can get Thai TV too,---close enough?--- eh

11. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

You cheeky old guy , great late nite thai show... ha...

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Cheeky old guy??? who me? thats not really me in the avatar you know.

Ok some fresh photos taken at low tide this morning . I think some of these are finished and dont move .But you can see from the photos that constuction and shape is called "what ever you want shape"

Attached Files:

13. thailandboy2004

o.k. thanks frosty, great pictures..
    westlawn, i'd have bought one already, but here in the southern part of the usa(let alone the rest of the usa) it's alittle hard if not impossible to see a thai long tail boat let alone rent one....lol if i had enough money, i'd just buy one and have someone ship it to me here in the usa...
    sad to see a boat like that of one i want with water standing in it...wish it was in my yard, i'd take good care and keep her dry...

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You could ship a 40 foot container cheaply and you could get a few at a time . Im sure you could buy those in the photos for loose change.

BUT ,--now that you have seen them surely the construction is such that a good man with simple tools could knock one of these up in a weekend.

Notice the 4 inch round nail hammered half in and then bent over for the engine bed?

15. thailandboy2004

i wonder what, just out of curiosity, a 40 foot container would cost to ship to the usa..yes, i'm sure i could buy one of those boats cheap.it would be even better if i only know of a person with a big enough boat going to thailand that wouldn't mind bringing me one back if i gave them the money..:D :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.