Sourcing Repo Boats?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by DavidWaters, Feb 12, 2012.

1. DavidWaters

DavidWaters Junior Member

Thanks again to all those who have steered me in my quest for a power boat,you have been a great help.

I have been searching for the idea of maybe finding a repo'd boat hopefully for a very good price,somewhere in the US.I have found individual boats,and a few small auctions but thats about it.

I know there are databases for repo homes, usually county wide,but does anyone know of a similar thing for boats-or any other ideas concerning this topic?

Thanks in advance

david

2. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

D

I don't think there is a boat repo database,best bet to just keep looking for auctions.

But consider:

-can you pilot it home reasonably...and $$$$$?
    -can it be FOFO via Dockwise? IIRC roughly $15k for a 40' from US Gulf Coast to Vancouver/Seattle.
    -can it be trucked? Width may not be as much hassle as height. Can you sawzall the flybridge off to make it legal height?
    -look into duties and taxes.
    -your costs in looking at it and getting a proper professional yacht survey

Unless you can absolutely steal the boat,be very careful.

3. DavidWaters

DavidWaters Junior Member

Thanks W,some ideas I hadn't thought of.

The sawzall -really?

D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.