Serching for a werid looking power cat. (again)

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by joelhickey, Jul 18, 2004.

1. joelhickey

joelhickey Junior Member

Hi,

While in Moreton Bay Boat Club in Scarbrough, Brisbane, Australia about 2 years ago, I saw a weid looking power cat . It is hard to decribe. Basiclly, it was about 40' to 45' long, 15' beam, large rear deck small black canopy, twin outboards, and small cabin. It was very long but not very tall. It had the twin hulls pretruding from the front cabin out about thirty feet. These hulls were divided with nothing between them all the way. Once the hulls got to the cabin, they merged and formed just one mono v hull. The back deck and cabin was on the mono v hull. It was plain weird! It is hard to describe but I will put an diagram on once I figure out how to. It was fibreglass so i doubt it was a custom. Anyone know the name, brand or model? Iam guessing that its maybe and late 80's early 90's model.

Ive have been serching for ages!

Attached Files:

2. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

Sounds like Maybe a Wave piercer?

3. ClarkT

ClarkT Senior Member

Gold Coast sez I.

4. joelhickey

joelhickey Junior Member

ClarkT, do you mean this boat is situated at the gold coat, sorry i dont really get what ur saying. If so do you know what marina.

5. ClarkT

ClarkT Senior Member

Sorry for the confusion. Gold Coast out of St. Croix USVI builds cold molded wood boats that look just like the boat you've sketched.

6. dereksireci

dereksireci Senior Member

7. joelhickey

joelhickey Junior Member

No, it doesnt seem to be the boat iam looking for, this boat is more like a dive boat with only a large back deck and no wheelhouse.

8. joelhickey

joelhickey Junior Member

Just thought i would bring this thread back up again. Havent found or seen the boat since. Come to think of it, it may have been ply, and could be a one off custom design. Such a strange design, i would wonder wats its real purpose was.

Thanks Joel

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.