Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Tamco sealark Craigs list

Go to craigs list for akron-Canton Ohio. There is a very good picture of one there. Type in Dino in the search box.
If it is the one I have been after then the motor floods out(water flood). Seems to be missing a flapper valve -check valve? Not sure
I need info on the Aqua Loop I have. Sit down type of EARLY PWC.
Powered by an out baord on the rear of craft. Thanks Stann scj616@aol.com
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Sea Larker

I HAVE WHAT I THINK IS ONE OF THOSE BOATS.IT HAS A Sea Lark decal on it.it must be a early model it has a inboard motor with a centrificul clutch and a shaft going thru the hull.the bolt pattern for the motor is the same as a 5horse briggs/stratton.i am trying to restore it and take it for a ride.then display it.it looks like a blast to drive.i have no steering for it.BUT WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP.I WILL POST PHOTOS SOON THANKS
Old 03-10-2010, 06:54 AM

Rep: 310 Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALARK INBOARD View Post
it has a inboard motor with a centrificul clutch and a shaft going thru the hull.
Please DO post pics! I haven't seen an Aqua Lark inboard--sounds awesome.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
mppcalza

Rep: 15 Posts: 8
inboard/outboard driven by snowmobile clutch.

That particular boat never worked(too many RPM's made it a good fan). It cavitated like nothing else I'd ever seen. My father pulled it out and put it on a rack to collect overspray. As I recall, it was a tunnel hull as well. But I may be mistaken as the last time I saw it was in August of 95. Just to let you know, that version is a one of a kind prototype. Hope you can get it to work. My idea was to tow it to speed and then hit the throttle. That might work.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM
mppcalza

Rep: 15 Posts: 8
Coast Guard Rated Capacity

The Coast Guard rated the lark models with 30 H.P.. That is fast enough, about 65 MPH was what we clocked them at with outboards. I had a Top-rider "O" with a 40 H.P. with a 30 cover. That thing would scare me. With a 30 horse you should get up on plane within 5-10 feet. There were 8 different models:

1.) The Aqua Lark (outboard with two fold down seats.)
2.) Jet Lark (rare as we couldn't get motors cause we were competition)
3.) Rental Lark (outboard with a solid seat, part of the top.)
4.) Electric Lark (trolling motor using deep cycle batteries, didn't sell too many of these.)
5.) Dinghy Lark (had a large open hull and oarlocks. Never saw one sold.)
6.) Top rider "O" (two people could ride in the seat on the top/center and had an outboard.)
7.) Top rider "Jet" (same as the "O" but, jet powered.)
8.) Bass Lark (same as the Dinghy but, had a transom for an outboard, trolling motor in the front with pedestal seat and a small live fish well. Never saw one sell.)

There was also a "deep V hull, the way to tell is the little V added to the normally flat bottom on the hull. It ran about two feet down the centerline of the hull from the bow. And there was a flat bottomed tunnel hull. Very fast, very scary due to its instability.

Hope some of this info helps.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
I got my aqua lark last weekend. (it was pritty Mutch just a shell)

Sorry. I can only post links to pictures. But over the weekend I brought a 28hp motor and attached it. I'll post more pics and info on how I riged everything up if anyone wants. I can't w8 to see what she's got!http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/6a60fd9c.jpg
Old 05-03-2010, 08:21 AM

I've almost got her runing now.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/4b103b3d.jpg
Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Up and running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Hawk View Post
As of May 01-2007 I will be manufacturing all the old models of Aqua Lark!!
Under the NEW name of Aqua Hawk by Fiberglass Chicago, Inc.
I will have the whole line up and adding a 10' and 16' to the line up as wel!
I tracked the the guy down who bought and basically stored EVERYTHING from the Aqua Lark company, he had plans to build and NEVER did anything with the molds or plugs. I bought all rights and inventory!!! So AQUA HAWK is coming soon!! I will offer an electric, jet, o/b and the most rare the single seat 3 point hydroplane......this one just starts to get stable at around 75mph!!! Nothing is in production as of 4-14-07 but soon....very soon!
I just came across your 3 year old post about making Aqua Larks again. Are you still making them? If so, I'd like to come by and see them, I'm just down the road in Aurora.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 AM

so my buddy picked up an AL and i am about to score one too. i was wonder if someone could breakdown the progression of the boat. what yrs/models did kamco,tamco,zamco run the production of these boats. seems like it started with tamco in canada back in 70 something. and then went to kamco in maryland in 70 something. then to zamco til 95. is this right?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:22 PM

aqualark pics

My Uncle in law just gave me this one on fathers day. He's had it since brand new, and it's been sitting in his garage for about 10 years with minimal use. Hope to have it on the water in the next couple days. It's in fantastic shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-100_8816.jpg  Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-100_8815.jpg  Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-100_8814.jpg  

Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-100_8813.jpg  Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-100_8812.jpg  
Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Lark addict

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
Aqualarks

I'm another lark addict. Tryn to post pics
Old 07-07-2010, 04:00 PM

jet Lark?

I live in MN and there's a Aqua Lark for sale here that I'm interested in, but it's not powered by an outboard motor. It has a jet pump, like a PWC. This is the first one I've seen of it's kind. How common are they? The seller tells me it's a late 70's with a 440cc 2-stroke Cuyuna motor (basically the same motor found in older snowmobiles). And he tells me that it's the original motor. What do you all know of these machines?!?!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Lark addict

Jet larks

I live in Alaska, and also have two of the inboard jet versions of the lark that jeepjunkie speaks of. They came with xenoah two stroke 340cc and Berkley6ja jet pumps. I'm currently retrofitting a Kawasaki 550 super jet motor into one of them. Any interest in these little speed/wake jumping miniboats will become addicting. Email for photos Kenny@themaxdesign.com. Always
Old 07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Lark addict

I bought my two jetlarks not runing, and partially disassembled. I'm not sure of the original performance. They are not very common where I'm located. Buy it. Will bring you and your family many hours of fun.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 AM

DARN!!! The Jet Lark that was for sale in my area just sold this morning! Bummer, dude. I would have loved to tool around on the lakes in it. Guess I gotta keep looking. Anyone know about Scram Jets??? There's a Scram Jet boat for sale here as well. Info on the web is VERY limited... I need HELP!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-scram-jet.jpg