Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 06-18-2006, 08:40 AM

Rep: 15 Posts: 28
Aqualark

You may send pictures to my email danzima@hotmail.com
Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 6
Aqua/Lark

Looking for info on early aqua larks. Just purchased what appears to be an early prototype of the aqua lark maybe 60's. It has never been in the water and has never had a motor mounted on it, it appears brand new. The difference in the designs I have found on the internet is that you sit on top of this and not in a cockpit. It as has a bow tie steering wheel .

I tried to attach a photo but can't figure out how. If someone wants I'll email it to them and they can post.

Any info would be helpful.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
Aqua Lark

Would like to know if you still have the Aqua Lark
Old 07-08-2006, 09:31 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 6
Yes, I still have it can't decide what to do with it. Now thinking about putting a jet drive in it
Old 07-11-2006, 03:35 PM

Please contact me via email

Todd.Krueger1@ngc.com

I may be interested in buying it as is.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 PM
mppcalza

Rep: 15 Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLaker
Hello Aqualarker and Lordbater,

I stumbled across this while searching for info as well on my new Aqua-Lark. I just bought it in January, and know nothing about it. However, I was told by another fellow online that he believes that Aqua-Larks are extremely rare in that only 14 of them were made. Yes, I said 14.

Mine is an ugly yellow and is in bad need for a restoration. The motor that I got it with is a 1993 Oil-injected Merc 35. I found somewhere else online a guy who claims that his Aqua-Lark with a tuned 25 Merc and a 19" pitch 3 blade prop did 49.1 mph on radar. So I hope my 35 will beat that! ...though it personally sounds like a longshot to me...

I have taken a picture of the restrictions plate and I'll post it soon for you Aqualarker. You may be pleased to know that it says : "WHEN THIS BOAT IS ENGAGED IN, OR IN PREPARATION FOR, RACING IT IS EXEMPT FROM THE RECOMMENDED LIMITATIONS OTHERWISE APPLICABLE TO THE LOAD AND HORSEPOWER."

I also found somewhere else one with an '89 Evinrude 65. That sounds ridiculous to me personally, but would be incredible. It has an 80lb. lead counterweight on the bow.

Here's a link to that one:

http://www.geocities.com/calumetmari...oats/boats.htm

I too would like as much info on these boats as possible. If you guys come across anything else, please post it on here or email me at biteme20 at hotmail dot com.

Thanks and good luck!

Chris
I'm the son of the owner of Zamco Midwest the makers of the "Lark" boat lines. There were waaay more than "14" of these boats made. My father purchased the business in 1975 and continued to expand the product line until his demise in 1995. We stopped producing two months later and the business closed. If you have any further question please free to email me!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Motor Plate

I have an Aqua Lark and I will try to post a picture soon. It has been totally made over and is real sweet. The motor plate is rated for 45 Horse, YES 45 HORSE. I do not know the weight limit. I have a 2006 25 Horse Mercury on mine and it does close to 30 Mph with a speed prop. But I don't need anymore speed. I live by a 29 mile lake that gets real rough. I pull this baby out of the water every other wave. I find it more fun then a jetski and much cooler looking. Wait till I post some pictures, you will drool Lark Lovers!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 PM

I wondering... Do you still have the molds? I would like to purchase them. I'm interested in the front/rear 2 passanger model. I'm willing to make a deal on a percent of sales when I start producing them. I'm willing to rename them after you father in his memory. I think there a great boat and would love to start making them again. -Todd (todd.krueger1@ngc.com
Old 09-19-2006, 06:13 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
Rookie Aqua Larker

I was driving homethe other day and saw this boat sitting in this guys drive way. I stopped and asked him what he was going to do with it and he said "The first one to pick it up can have it." So we loaded it into his pick up truck and took it to my house.

I will try and post some pictures next week.

It sat for 10 years according to him and there is no motor. The body is really clean. I am in the process of cleaning it up and looking for a motor.

Unfortunately this boat does not have any manufacturers plates on it, so I dod not know any weight or engine size restrictions. I too have begun the search for information.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 10:54 AM

Restoring project boat

COOL! I love dumpster diving
Can you show pictures? danzima@hotmail.com
Where are you located? My shop is in NJ not too far from NYC
Do you intend to fully restore,or just get it to work?
You will likely need to match a steering package to meet the motor at the transom,with the correct connecting kit for the motor...and do not forget the correct remote control, all with the correct cable lengths... The remote also needs the correct connecting kit---if you go at it hap-hazzard,you will sit on a project,with an accumulation of many unneeded,unnecessary components which you will collect by accident! Any idea how heavy, what HP rating? I'm very interested-this sounds like a fun project for winter
Old 09-22-2006, 11:02 AM

Water Mouse -like an Aqualark-

I've just decided to post my 1999 Watermouse up on ebay auction#260034423681

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

I hope the link works OK in this forum...
It's a really cool boat which became the fore-runner when the Disney amusement parks selected Mercury to make these when Disney discontinued using the Aqualarks and Sprites... The Watermouse proved itself for many years! Although the amusement park has purchased a new brand,they still call the new ones "MICE". The new SeaRaycers look a lot like the Watermouse,actually...I got to use them and they seem comparable in my opinion-though I cannot find any for sale---anyone with help in this regard?
Anyway,I am selling my Watermouse-it is a SUPERB boat and very well maintained,top notch condition in my opinion! ---SEA YA!---
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-watermouse-william-calvin.jpg  
Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM

Pictures

I think I just uploaded the pictures. From the seriel number I believe the boat was made in 1983.

Any other clues to the origins or weight/power guidelines would be helpful.

Thanks Danzima for your insights.

Troy
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-img235.jpg  Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-img239.jpg  Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-img236.jpg  

Seeking Info on 1979 Aqualark Outboard-img241.jpg  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 PM

Aqualark capacity plate?

Has anyone a capacity plate on their own Aqualark? I know these can be set up in a variety of ways,so it is also important to know what equipment may have been installed in conjunction with the capacity plate, upon "taking delivery" of the craft.
This request goes to all that may correspond in this forum, as we welcome someone new that wants to bring a Lark back to life...
Old 09-27-2006, 02:28 PM

I am sorry to hear of the loss and never knew of that history of the company either. I am very interested in obtaining the old literature of these craft, mainly as an enthusiast! I really love these smaller powerboats, kind of collecting them, but mostly playing!!! I guess the company was not sold to another,it just disappeared? I cannot locate ANY literature,these days. The only web-site I found is also no longer. Its literature was poorly scanned and could not offer details in their pictures,unfortunately. I would really like to put together something for posting up so folks can enjoy these smaller powerboats. My son is now 6 years old and truly enjoys the hobby as well-he loves to race around in the Watermouse,which is very similar...and perhaps the more powerful Aqualark one day in the future. I do not know if you may own original pictures and literature, but if you do, I am VERY interested!---SEA ya later--- Matthew Danziger danzima@hotmail.com

Old 10-01-2006, 11:57 AM

Missing part for aqua lark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mppcalza
I'm the son of the owner of Zamco Midwest the makers of the "Lark" boat lines. There were waaay more than "14" of these boats made. My father purchased the business in 1975 and continued to expand the product line until his demise in 1995. We stopped producing two months later and the business closed. If you have any further question please free to email me!
Hi--we purchased an aqua lark sport outboard in 1981 and the kids had a blast with it. It was the talk of the lake. It is still in good condition and the grandchildren would like to use it. We are missing the cover that goes over the gas tank for the motor---any suggestions where we may get a duplicate?
Thanks--Judy