Sealing with Silicone?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ok J, May 19, 2005.

1. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

amazing the variety of stuff out there....

on my own boat I've got a few different sealants on different things... general-purpose house exterior window/door has held up well. some things have automotive gasket goops that are working great. but this boat is o/b powered and so has no below-water holes...

go with what everyone else said

2. Poor Boy

Poor Boy Junior Member

5200 is indeed forever. Clean your sufaces with acetone and then wipe real clean. I don't like the fast cure stuff except for got-to-have-it-now repairs. Denatured alcohol will do well cleaning before glueing, too, and cleans tools well. WEST is also forever but again be clean when you start, and humidity is very crucial- you want it low if it's a critical area. Have a fan blowing fresh air to you when using WEST.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.