Scottie Craft sport fish

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Poor Boy, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Poor Boy

Poor Boy Junior Member

I'm looking at an older Scottie Craft sport fisherman, looks to be about 37', had twin 3208's, I believe, it's a total re-do, anyone have any info on websites where I might get some info on these ?
    Thanks, Steve

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Try this: http://www.iboats.com/Scottie_Craft_Boats/bp/20br1392

Older boats have become individuals due to different operation, maintenance, equipment added, etc., so rather than, or at least in addition to, looking for sites on the brand, you might search this forum for topics related to the issues you find after inspection or survey. There are many experienced folks here willing to share what they've learned. Restoring an older boat is tough work, very frustrating, but even more rewarding as you bring her back to life. Good luck!

3. Poor Boy

Poor Boy Junior Member

Thanks for that, Charlie, I have a 65' shrimp trawler that was built in 1972, the old boat thing is pretty familiar. I'm looking to set this up as a charter rig for another bit of income in the offseason. I did find a site that says there's a few in use in Costa Rica as charter boats, same model as this one, I think it's a Miami sportfish. That iboat site doesn't have much real info, I'd seen it. I'll look on this site a bit more, it's been awhile since I visited here. It's going to be a long slow process, I do know that. My idea is to lighten it up by making it a big center console or cuddy cabin rig. There's a whole lot more questions than answers right now. Thanks for the reply.

4. salfd

salfd New Member

Scotty Craft

Poor Boy - I am new to this Forum too. I saw your post regarding the Scotty Craft. I just acquired a Scotty Craft that was left abandoned in my marina but was in pretty good shape. It needed 2 engines which I installed - 270 Crusaders. The boat runs very nice and is very seaworthy.

I am ALSO looking for information on it - I've got a post in iboats.com forums too. It's only there a day - no-one has responded yet.

I would like to get information on the boat, the company, any specs available etc etc.

I really liked this boat and when I got the chance to pick it up - I did. I just put it in the water for the first time in 4 years - she gets a lot of attention in the marina.

I am in the process now of restoring it as best I can.

OK - I f get information on Scotty Craft boats I'll pass it on to you and I hope you will do the same.

Good Luck -

Sal D

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.