Schiada

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by dick stave, Dec 13, 2007.

1. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

Has anyone any information on Schiada jet boats? The attached pictures are of a 1967 model with a four cylinder mercruiser.

Attached Files:

2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

3. johnmillerboats

johnmillerboats Junior Member

Leonard Schiada built performance boats from 1959 to about the early 90's. He built smaller 18' flatbottoms with v-drives till the 70's, then started building daycruisers from 20'-24'. Also did a lot of GN racing in the 70's and 80's. I have a 1961 flatbottom in my shop right now. Fiberglass bottom with a wood deck. If I remember right his shop was in the San Fernando Valley, along with many other performance boat builders, Miller Boats (me), Stevens, Patterson, Campbell, and on.
    Check out the hotboat forum as previously mentioned.

4. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

Thanks for your replies. I recommend a look at Mr. Miller's web-site, exceptional craftsmanship.

5. mrlrg1

mrlrg1 New Member

Hey, I have a 1968 schiada with a 350 v8 motor. Boat runs great and is painted 1968 chevy hot rod orange. This is my first boat and i have had it for 2 1/2 years and have had no problems except fuel pump went out at lake mojave last season. It only seats 4 people and is horrible in choppy water, but if its reasonably smooth water it is a blast.

6. Kirk S

Kirk S New Member

We had an 18' Schiada semi deep-v hull in 2-tone metalflake blue with a Duntov 327 chevy and a berkley jet drive custom built by Leonard. It was a great boat!

7. Ike

Ike Senior Member

8. GG

GG offshore artie

THIS REALLY IS THE PLACE TO GO FOR THE INFO YOU ARE SEEKING .

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.