Quiet Inboard Ski Boats - 23'

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by kscherer, Oct 5, 2004.

1. kscherer

kscherer New Member

I just purchased a new high end 23' inboard ski boat (keeping the make confidential so not to tip off the type I bought...I will disclose later) and the engine is soooo loud we are going to get rid of the boat (it probably has 3 annoying hours on it) and buy another one that is much quiter (the dealer says it sounds sexy...throaty...and a bunch of other BS). We use the boat mainly to tour our lake and to pull tubes (the power of the engine is not near as important as the quietness of the engine...my wife and kids will not ride in this new boat because the engine is so loud).

Who makes the quietest 23' inboard ski boat that is also very nice looking, has a great ride, reliable, etc. (I think I know as two of our neighbors have very quiet boats that I am leaning towards purchasing).

Thanx for your opinions.

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

IS the noise from the exhaust or from the engine?

Both are usually cureable with suficent infusion of cash.

Which or both?

FAST FRED

3. kscherer

kscherer New Member

Inboard Motor Noice

The noise is equally from exhaust and the engine. My question was which boats are quietest as I want to buy another new one that is known to be quite as part of its performance (I understand I can downgrade the engine, add sound insulation, etc....cost is not the issue on this boat as I am willing to sell it at a huge loss).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.