Power boats x fuel prices?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Frosty, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Is that the Toyata Lancruiser 1HD- engine 4.2 liter 6 pot? Because if it is,-- thats the Yanmar 6LP which is what I got. 2 of em.

Talking of heating fuel ,--there seems to be a few for sale on Ebay!!! like they were coming popular or something. I heard that when using alternative oils for engines, the lubricant qualities of the oil and subsiquent damage to expensive fuel delivery pumps is a serious issue

I don't think this approach will save us. Cooking oil is normally bought in liters or possibly by the gallon. Once people start ordering 2000 liters in fuel trucks they (Goverment) will latch onto it and hike the price of that as well. Or make it illegal.

Bit pessimistic I suppose, but is there anything to be optimistic about?---Solar pannels--not in my life time.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Frosty,

OK, I was thinking of an engine heated hot water system of about 50 litres each with thermostatic temperature control, & a polishing system using a centrifuge such as Alfa-Laval MAB 102B, but cannot get details on weight & size.

Because of tropical condensation issues I was looking at 'polishing' all the fuel on board every 7-14 days on a recycle process of 3 times volume approx.

I will be making my own as part of a community development project in remote regions where trees are abundant. whole nuts are brought in to facility & a batch is processed in 1 day. nuts are husked, broken & keeping the water. Check none are rotten & chuck out. finger cut out meat & hammer-mill with water from nuts. Run this watery paste through an expeller, filter & done.

by-products of this business include: coconut husk for coir-matting, orchid planting medium, activated charcoal, copra-meal & virgin coconut oil if prepared to food grade standards or fuel.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Further thoughts Frosty,
    Yes to the engine.

Lubricant: try it on your skin, It can also soothe sunburn. and is a dandy for that relaxing massage.

Set up a small soap making business where someone keeps on borrowing the oil bulk stored before I can make a batch of soap/skin cream/suntan oil/?

Google 'coconut oil' and filter out the millions selling health food/creams & potions. - 'CNO' may give better results as a fuel that is what it is called.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.