Placement of boat name, need opinions

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Psuedomonas, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Psuedomonas

Psuedomonas Psuedomonas

[​IMG]

here's a picture of my flying bridge cruiser I finished a few years ago. Now I've decided to name her Jervis Bay- after the armored freighter that saved a convoy from the Admiral Scher raider in the early years of WWII. Then when asked what her name means- I'll recount the story of this heroic ship and her fighting Irishman Capt- James Finnigan-Fegan.

Anyway, would the name be best split between the lower unit, or would it look best just on the port side? And I'm think gold script, lined with red, maybe black like her waterline. Any ideas's?

2. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Based on the gorgeous looking transom, I feel the letters would look best on the port or starboard side, rather than bridging the drive unit and nav light.

I'm sure others will have different tastes, but those are mine.

3. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

Its your call to do it however you like. My preference is to have the name on both sides with the home port on the transom. I've put names on the sides amidships, at the bow (as on trailboards) and near the stern as well as on the transom.

4. DaddysDream

DaddysDream New Member

Name placement

Of course you can change font and size, but this will give you an idea of what it will look like.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.