Pirate Mercs

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I say right on

I plan on going armed and if its a problem
    Ill just go elsewhere

the point was made that I just cant match there fire power in a one man show
    and that point is probably a good one
    but
    I will not go without a fight
    and its nice to see the world waking up to that grim realization

reality is what it is
    for better or worse
    get used to it

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Bos, I'll loan you my WWII flame thrower and sell you a 50 gallon barrel of jellied gasoline.

Or buy a legal 50 caliber. Here are the various shells you can buy.
    The caliber .50 cartridge consists of a cartridge case, primer, propelling charge, and the bullet. The term bullet refers only to the small-arms projectile. There are eight types of ammunition issued for use in the caliber .50 machine gun. The tips of the various rounds are color-coded to indicate their type. The ammunition is linked with the M2 or M9 metallic links for use in the machine gun.

Cartridge Use
    M2 Ball In marksmanship training, against personnel, and light materiel targets.
    M1 Tracer To aid in observing fire-secondary purposes are for incendiary effect and for signaling.
    M2 Armor-piercing Against armored aircraft and lightly armored vehicles, concrete shelters, and other bullet-resisting targets.
    M1 Incendiary Incendiary effect-especially against aircraft.
    M8 Armor-piercing Combined armor-piercing and Incendiary effect.
    M20 Armor-piercing Combined armor-piercing and incendiary effect, with the additional tracer feature.
    M1 Blank For simulated fire (contains no bullet).
    M2 Dummy For training (completely inert).
    Mk 211 MP Raufoss Multipurpose Ammunition
    M858 SRTA Short Range Training Ammunition
    M860 SRTA Short Range Training Ammunition
    M903 SLAP Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP)
    M962 SLAPT Saboted Light Armor Penetrator Tracer (SLAPT)
    XM1022 antipersonnel
    GDT Generic Dim Tracer

Discuss

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well I'm just going sailing
    and not looking to sail into any trouble
    but obviously we live in a world where sometimes there is just no avoiding it
    its nearly a guaranteed
    I just dont understand the folks who want to walk into it unarmed
    talk about putting your head on the chopping block
    armed at least you have a chance
    unarmed you have no chance at all
    kinda a no brainer if you ask me

whatever
    but when we start running out of food
    vegetarians and peaceniks probably taste better anyway

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

"sometimes there is just no avoiding it" - Yes, like getting on a forum to help, and learn, about boats and spending half our time defending ourselves and our way of life on topics far-ranging and irrelevant to boats. I, for one, will shoot back. I don't like it but it is the way it is.

5. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

when we start running out of food
    "vegetarians and peaceniks probably taste better anyway"...true, but they too will eat meat after 14 days of no vegetables......shoot 'em all I say and let God sort 'em out.

Do unto others before they do unto you.....

6. Marco1

Marco1 Senior Member

When it is possible to agree with some of the post, Richard yours about the Hong Kong reaction to the inane incompetence of countries and their no response to piracy, and others, I have to comment on the above post I edited to save space.
    If there is something I hate, it is PATRONISING and grandstanding. I repeat what I said a little way back. The guy asked for help from a boating forum to find a suitable boat for his venture. He did not ask for moral or ethical assessment of his future venture nor do we know his financial credentials, and much less can we make a personal assessment of his suitability for the job as made here
    This post by a loan shark with pretenses should be considered offensive and deleted.

I say that what this thread lacks of is what it was intended for and that is links to boats for sale and suggestions as to the more suitable one.

My personal opinion of course.

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well I do notice that the old Jarhead is not hanging out much on this thread

8. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

I still think 2 slow boats ar the way to go.
    So you join a vessel at sea and then get off to your second boat at sea and wait for a return boat.
    Drift around just on gen set, you could stay out for a month.

9. Reason

Reason New Member

Concur, Marco

Actually, I must concur with Marco. If we were to delete all the posts about tactics, weapons, morality, etc (including financing) from this thread, it would be about a page or two long and meet the intent of the forum.

Good idea.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.