Paragon Trans Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Cuttingedgeny, May 25, 2010.

1. Cuttingedgeny

Cuttingedgeny New Member

Hi,
    I have a 28' project luhrs flybridge boat that i'm restoring currently and am looking to know what motors are compatible with my trans. What i have now is a paragon v drive bolted up to a chrysler 360 motor. I ran the motor recently and realized that the block is cracked, so i'm looking to see if I can bolt up a ford, gm, mercruiser, or other motors other than a chrysler to my current trans. I'm realizing the mopars are harder and more expensive to come by..
    Thanks

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You can change the bellhousing to match any motor.

3. Cuttingedgeny

Cuttingedgeny New Member

Thanks for the reply. Where can you find the new bell housings? I have a paragon trany that fits a chrysler right now, but i am looking for that tranny to fit a chevy. How would I do this?
    Thanks,
    Ken

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Bellhousings are SAE standard. Try ebasicpower.com , ebay is also a good place to look.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.