outftting

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by LP, Sep 6, 2006.

1. LP

LP Flying Boatman

I'm looking at outfitting an 18' mahogany runabout from the ground up. Guages, lights, electricals, steering, etc, etc, etc, ......

I'm looking for sources that will take my dollar farther than piece mealing at West Marine or BoatUS or others of similar ilk. Input put from others who have been here would be appreciated.

Thx.

2. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

LP

I know it's not for everybody but I've had relatively good luck on e-Bay. The little stuff is easy and cheap to get. Be careful with shipping though it can add up quick. Look for suppliers that are willing to combine orders for shipping to save. Genuinedealz is good for wire etc. There's an index page of e-Bay marine suppliers here....

http://parts.stores.ebay.ca/Parts-Accessories_Boat-Parts_W0QQcatZ26443QQtZlw

My favorite online retailers are www.marinepartsexpress.com and www.shipstore.com both with excellent service, reasonable pricing and prompt shipping.

Good luck.

Rick

3. bbsboat

bbsboat Junior Member

many product like these are made in china by taiwanese

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.