Our boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by 102025, Jun 6, 2006.

1. 102025

102025 Junior Member

hey guys im new to this forum, just want to share with you some of the projects that my dad has been undertaking.

first there was a 49ft adams steel yacht, then a 39ft fibreglass criuser, then a 24ft timber couta boat, then the Sonair (pictured) and now the Robers Waverunner 34 (pictured)

[​IMG]

The waverunner is a lot different now, havnt had a chance to get recent photos, all the windows are cut and the hand rails are made, aswell as most of the flybridge. if anyone wants i will take more photos

[​IMG]

We are also in the middle of converting a little shitta into a complete fishing boat with centre consol so that should be good too, if anyone wants more information on any of the boats feel free to ask..

2. 102025

102025 Junior Member

anyone...?

3. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Looks great! The Sonair looks better than new! Are you guys doing this for fun? Looks like your hard work is paying off. Good luck!
    -Figgy

4. hansp77

hansp77

I like the big rusty one,
    it reminds me of WW11 tank or something.
    Just needs a gun turret.

P.S.
    102025- where abouts in Melbourne are you undertaking these projects?
    You must have a bit of space.
    Does your dad do this for business?

5. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Love the Sonair.
    Is your old man tall?... just wondering why you chopped off the hardtop and replaced it with the canopy......:D
    My father designed (along with Arnold Veld Huizen - the builder of all the Sonair's) the 26 foot Sonair, which was based on the old Savage Lancer hull. I think only two of them were ever built - ours plus one other. The styling for the 21 was derived from this boat.
    I spent most of my early years cruising on that boat, and always wanted to buy a 21 as I got older.
    The conversion to o/b on a pod is exactly what I planned to do.....

Have you got any more pics?.....

6. 102025

102025 Junior Member

yeh i got plenty more pics, the pod conversion worked really well!! makes it sit a lot nicer and i think it looks better too. It was very fast too! we have just sold this boat now so some time soon the waverunner will be done hopefully!

The other orange one is the sister boat to the Sonair before my dad restored it for a friend. you can kinda see it finished in the background of the pic of the rusty waverunner..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 102025

102025 Junior Member

oh and the reason for making the top like that is because of where it was moored there was a bridge that it sometimes couldnt make it under, this way the whole things folds down.

8. mustaph

mustaph Junior Member

you are very lucky ı wish ı have a chance to do someting like these.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.