Not a design question, but need help with I\O

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by jalexfolds, Dec 15, 2004.

1. jalexfolds

jalexfolds Junior Member

I have a 2.8 GMC cobra inboard on my Donzi ski boat. It quite working while on the water. I went to change the plugs and water poured out. It is very difficult to get to the engine so I want to know where I should start looking for the problem, before I start tearing the boat apart. I know very little about engines, as I am primarily a sailor. Any suggestions on where to look for the problem and what preventitive measures should I take to make sure the water doesn't damage the engine. Thank you.

2. BrianW

BrianW Junior Member

I'd remove and check the exhaust manifolds and risers first. You'll need to change the oil several times to get the water out of the sump.

I see this post is two weeks old, so I suspect you've done something already, or now that block is good for a mooring anchor.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you haven't been able to fix the problem, call one of our shops in Florida.
    407-767-2026

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.