Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Powerboats
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 09-05-2008, 06:27 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Newbie Sea Ray Owner

Hi all,
I am new to this type of communication so I apologize up front for any ignorance shown on my part, including whether or not I posted this in the right place...
I had been working a deal for a Bayliner 28' when I found a beautiful 1987 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer, twin engines with a total of 104 hours on each (boat too), sitting in a boat yard. She belonged to a couple that used her very little except to sit on her at the dock and sip martinis... she had been neglected!! (but IMO it sure beats sipping them in a bar somewhere )
Anywho... it appears that all is well with her, except the rams on the outdrive need to be replaced and she needs a thorough cleaning. She does not have a shower, but the bathroom is set up with a drain on the floor as if it were there, and the head is a pump out. I am a newbie in need of advice, tips & tricks, and/or "Secret Knowledge" from any of my Power Boat brothers/sisters out there. Particularly regarding the factory AC, and any thoughts on adding a wand shower OR/AND a transom shower. Any advice before I begin cleaning her up?? I got her for $8k, which seems to be a good deal... any thoughts on that price paid??

Thanks in advance for your help and support.
Breeze