My First Boat Help ("Donzi 18"? )

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Elmoe, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Elmoe

Elmoe Junior Member

Hi all, i am new to the boating world and i have a dilemma i'm not sure my boat is what it says so any help in finding out make will be greatly appreciated
    i would like to return its name to it original firstly it has the name Donzi 18' i cant see a boat like it anywhere when i look through Donzi's footo uploaded
    has a 3.7 4cyl Mercruiser with mercarb dbl barrel alpha one gen 1 cant really say much about it but i am desperate to find out its make was bought as project and not far off finished so many thanks to anyone who can help
    HELLO TO ALL

regards Chris

Attached Files:

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Welcome, Elmoe. Do you have a model year?

3. Elmoe

Elmoe Junior Member

any info

Hi thanks for response but unfortunately I have no make or
    Model numbers or info boat is arriving at my house today will have a good look
    On transom for any all I do know is mercarb replaced Rochester in 86 so my thoughts
    Are that its 86-88 hope I can find numbers thanks for any help, Chris

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

hello there !!

So at what stage is it at now ? mobile ?or needs work ? and if so what needs doing ???
    Tell us your thoughs and what you want it to look like when its finished . :)

The more info you can give the more and better the help that will come your way !!:p

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

6. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

It doesn't look like the donzi 18 I know. There's more hull "side" at the bow. The hull sides at the stern are different too.

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

8. Elmoe

Elmoe Junior Member

make n model

Hi all thanks for the replies, today i searched everywhere for the HIN to no avail
    i will upload more pics of the rear maybe it will help someone with more knollege
    i have took some tonight but its a bit dark as you can see the engine cover is stepped and has vents in like the ones in red that you can see also the engine cover has a hand rail around the outside edge hope these foto's help desperate to get the right name on the boat any help appreciated

many thanks Chris

Attached Files:

9. Elmoe

Elmoe Junior Member

The stage we are at now, all vinyls removed and full interior has now been sent for recovering in black and dark red, the steps before interior gets replaced will be to completely sand down and give her a brand new flocoat, from anti foul(dark red) up screeeem vinyl removed and white becomes black with new vinyl same word' fendering strip will be replaced with a new one as previous owner painted and got paint everywhere also damaged here and there, above fendering strip will be new white flocoat with decals here and there also will be installing new Xcite Mustang Pro Series Wakeboard Tower then i will have to save more pennies to purchase speakers etc
    then will come the new interior and inbetween all that somewhere will need to fit carb rebuild kit and find fuel blockage as no fuel to carb all before april then its in the water to reap the rewards and have some fun i will also post foto's during the stages as everything progresses

10. olli

olli Junior Member

I think it is a Sunliner Marine Sunsport (5,4mx2,1m, approx. 450Kg, up to 200hp) from the middle/late 70s.
    Try to get more information on your boat here:
    http://boatmad.com/forum/index.php

It is a nice and rare Sportsboat so please post more and better pics of it (and do not put a tower on it :mad:).

11. Elmoe

Elmoe Junior Member

Update

Fuel blockage now found had engine running today on muffs for first time previous owner unsuccessful was over the moon with how she fired up more or less straight away been stood for months and she ran sweet now focus is on sanding will up some pics in the coming days

regards all

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.