Monterey Montero

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by boats4life, Jun 14, 2009.

1. boats4life

boats4life New Member

I have a 1995 Monterey Montero and the floor board is water log and needs to be replaced. I want to rebuild the floor myself but i don't know how to do it. Can anyone explain to me how to rebuild the floor?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The hard and messy job is to cut off the bad plywood. Keep it for a pattern to cut the new pieces. You need to grind off the edges where the cuts are to get the fiberglass to hold. The stringers may need replacement too. Often you can sister new ones on the outside and use the old ones to hold them while the fibergalss hardens. I suggest you get a book on fiberglassing if you are not familiar with it. They usually have photos that help a lot. It is nasty, smelly, itchy, toxic job.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.