Marinized Ford 429/460

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by steele m.a., Oct 28, 2010.

1. steele m.a.

steele m.a. Designer/Engineer

I'm marinizing 2 Ford 429 and 460 long blocks . They are to be installed into
    a Campion 24 and a Bayliner 20.
    I'm having difficulty locating wet manifolds for these old engines , as well
    as bellhousings.
    Because of their horsepower , I may have to V drive at least one of them , unless I can find suitable legs.
    Anyone with ideas or parts , please let me know .
    M.A. Steele
    Venture Hulls Canada

2. Carteret

Carteret Senior Member

3. WyattG

WyattG New Member

M.A.
    A few places you may want to check
    -Drew Marine at one time built a beautiful black Scarab with BBFs and can be reached at info@drewmarine.com and they may be able to point you to where they did the work or may know of who did the work. They are out of Spokane, Wa http://www.drewmarine.com/
    -Or You may want to post this question on boatfreaks.org as there is BF that builds bbf out of washington. He goes by the screen name of 2112.
    -Or contact Eric at Teague Marine in Valencia, So.Calif he may be able to direct you.
    Best of Luck

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Those engines will produce about 350HP, so Bravo outdrives or VolvoPenta duoprops or SX should work fine.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.