Magnum Powerboat in the Carribean? Screenplay writer asks...

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by SuttonLounge, Aug 8, 2007.

1. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

I had a 28' Sea Bird I picked up for free in Florida. It was a pretty nice boat, if you overlooked the fact that the twin big-block Chevys (not stock) would suck fuel out of the extra tankage built into the boat (not stock) faster than you could get it out of a fire hose. Still, it was kind of cool to be able to run at 63 MPH (not stock).

The guy who gave to me, I heard he was born poor but he must've done something right in the 70s!

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I would not choose something like a Magnum for story.
    Heres why:
    What possible reason would they have for having such a boat? It is expensive and single purpose.
    They would spend most of the time fueling up.
    They would not be able to hide from anyone, every one knows when you arrived.
    Powering this boat from one side of Caribbean to another is not a casual affair but closer to a racing marathon. This type of boat is not really equip to anchor in the middle of nowhere. You have to be powering all the time. Not very romantic. MIght as well have them crossing Atlantic.

SO here is a better story... may be...
    They go to Online government auction separately... They both bid on boat... Both win boat.... when they arrive, they find out they own boat together but undeter they go on their cruise anyway. they get hit by llighting, lose gps, Boat breaks down, they get Hijack by pirates. get blown into Cuba by a storm. and finally boat runs aground somewhere unknown. AND THEY have find way off island surronded by sharks.

The boat ... A little old wood sailboat... something to love and fight about...

3. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

Half right.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.