Looking to Buy our FIRST Boat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by tullupump, May 28, 2007.

1. KCook

KCook Senior Member

2. tgwhite

tgwhite tom white

I have owned several boats in the size range you are considering. Sounds like you are pretty close. I much prefer the Chaparral to anything else in the class. Never owned one but wished I did. My favorite was an older Searay 210 Cuddy. Did it all and well built. Be sure to get a full camper top as it adds a lot to those cooler days . The key to a workable cuddy is keep the junk out so it is usable. I now have a Defever 48 so I've moved on as the years progressed.

3. tullupump

tullupump New Member

Well folks, the saga is over....

On Friday we took delivery of the 04 Chaparral 235 SSI with a 5.7L Mercrusier 300 HP engine. Spent most of the day Friday and Sat on it and getting ready to go back out there today.

A BIG thanks to all you you who provided insights. We look forward to many years of boating and providing thoughts to others who might decide to venture into the wonderful world of boating much like we did.....

4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.