late 60's, early 70's slickcraft 160

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by donp, Sep 29, 2003.

1. donp

donp New Member

i was given a slickcraft 160. its a late 60's-early 70's model. im not sure of the exact year yet, the owner has to give me the title yet and he wasnt sure of the year but thought it was a 68. its basically just a hull and i plan to restore it. i need some pics of one to see what i need to get to make mine as close to original as i can. some interior panels are there but the electrical wireing is gone, seats are gone, no engine, no gas tank, no throttle or transmission controls, and no lights or horns. i also would like to know what the original colors may have been as mine looks like grey primer. and is there a top available for it, i have the rails but no canvas. thanks in advance for any help, don

2. Marctic

Marctic New Member

don ! i have some info for you !

I have a 67 slickraft and i know where some parts are too ! but i would sell mine if you are interested? you can contact me on my aol email boyblue67@aol.com if you are interested?..Marc

3. monkemeyer

monkemeyer New Member

1972 Slickcraft SS 165 with 90 horse 1965 Evinrude

I currently have this boat in outside storage. I bought it for $300 in 2002. Upon examination I found the floor shot, so I removed a majority, found a cracked main beam. I sandwiched it with marine plywood and replaced the floor and seat frames. Used this boat religiously in 2002 and occasioinally in 2003. My dilema, I bought a 1991 Bayliner earlier in 2002 and the motor was kaput, so I had it rebuilt. I am wondering if anyone is interested in the Slickcraft? It is a sweet old boat, I just don't have the money or the space to consider restoring it. If you know anyone who is a diehard boater, that wants a project. I would let go for what I paid for it. I have 2 to 3 times that in it, but it is currently sitting around.

monkemeyer1969@charter.net

Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  4. guest

guest Guest

picture

hey i was wonderen were i could get a pic of a 1968 slickcraft 18ft boat if anyone knows please post thanks alot c ya

5. 1970 slickcraft

Hi, I have a 1970 24 footer.I'm looking for a port side running light. Any leads? Do you know how to contact the company in Ohio? please lat me know. laljlml@aol.com thanks Lance

6. wavemakerboats

wavemakerboats New Member

Wanted: 1966 Slickcraft SS165 or SS170 Seats

Wanted: 1966 Slickcraft SS165 or SS170 Seats
    My first memories of boating were on my uncles 1966 Slickcraft SS165 or SS170 outboard boat. The boat is has a white hull with red interior. I do believe it is an "SS" model. The boat is in nice shape and I can purchase it but the only thing that was changed was the seats. I am in search of these red seats or just the back shells. There were two front seats and either two or one rear seat. If you can help me find them I can restore an old memory. Please help me if you can. If you have any pictures of this boat that would be great also.

7. MHayes

MHayes New Member

Hello to everyone I have a "63" st170 tri w/ Johnson 85hp. Im getting ready to restore and modify. If there is a place to send before and after pic, let me know.

8. NJArnfield

NJArnfield New Member

I "inherited" a pre-1969 SlickCraft boat which I have just painted, built new seats for, and gotten in the water. BUT the people who outfitted it with a motor said it probably could not stand more than a 20 horsepower motor. (It currently has an 18hp Evinrude and goes rather slowly, as you can imagine).
    I don't want to do anything to jeopardize our safety, but would really like a little more speed. Can anyone give me any ideas about appropriate hp ratings? The boat is 16' long, was originally white with a red deck and blue interior, and had/has a curved plexiglas windshield. Seats were red "leatherette" with white piping.

9. joeb

joeb New Member

More than 20hp

Im new into the boat thing but don't understand why 20 hp is the maximum. I just bought a 65 SlickCraft 17 with a 90 hp Evinrude:

Joe

10. NJArnfield

NJArnfield New Member

Thanks! Don't know where you use your boat, but I'm on the St. Clair River/Lake St. Clair. Took it out today when the river was REALLY, really, rough and had a hard time as the waves washed over the windshield like a tidal wave. Don't know if a faster motor would have helped at all, but would like to think on calm water I could do a little better than 15mph (absolute tops).

11. erie1

erie1 Junior Member

12. jeremy_ae

jeremy_ae New Member

1961 Slickcraft 16' Premier

I have a 1961 Slickcraft 16' Premier I want to sell it the boat is in good condition. it has been in my family since day one and has always been garage kept. True enough it does need some work but I think it has amazing potential as a fantastic restoration project. It has a 75hp mercury on it but I still have the original 40 hp evenirude for it as well. All Offers will be considered. All questions answered. I can provide pictures to interested parties as well. Feel free to contact me @ jeremy_ae@hotmail.com

13. SusieRI

SusieRI New Member

Hubby is the proud third owner of a 1968 SS235. Surprisingly enough, we know the other two owners as well. Just purchased last fall, M I N T condition, and appears to be all original except for the 2-3 yo Volvo engine. He's estatic, and neither one of us can wait until she's in the water on 4/1 (nor can we wait for her to be OUT of the back yard)! I see there hasn't been much going on in this thread for quite awhile, so I'm hoping my post will fix that!

14. Kewauneeman

Kewauneeman New Member

I just acquired what seems to be a 1968 SS170. It is in great condition and seems to be very complete. I just got done taking some pictures of it. I just read your post and wandered if you ever received any pictures? Mine is a foot longer but should give you a pretty good idea as to the layout. I'm first learning about this boat myself. If you are interested in seeing the pictures please let me know.

15. twokelleys

twokelleys New Member

1965 Ss150

I have just acquired a 1965 Slickcraft 15 footer, beam is 70 inches,,..is this an SS150? It's an outboard red deck, white hull. It has no windshield, the previous owner told me it had been a KIT boat, and had never had a windshield.
    Does any body have any information on this type of boat????

It came from Holland, MI... and has never left the area. I want to redo her, and make her right,..any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob Kelley. twokelleys@yahoo.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.