Lancer Corniche Express 33'

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by kennison, May 11, 2006.

1. kennison

kennison New Member

Hi all,

I am new here (first post) and am wondering if you can help.

I am looking for any information I can find on these craft, I have been searching the net but had no success, cant find anything at all:(

I have found one locally where I live for sale, had my eyes on it for years as it has been sat in a field near my home, the owner has decided to sell but he knows nothing about them either.

Here is the only picture of one I have.

[​IMG]

Any info, pictures, plans or experience with these would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Guy.

1 person likes this.
  2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

3. kennison

kennison New Member

Matt,

Thanks for the reply, that is not the one near me, thankfully I am looking at one in much better condition, I just poached the library photo.

The one I am looking at is red.

Thanks for the link, I will go have a read.

Cheers

Guy.

4. Gasguzzler

Gasguzzler Ran out of gas again

Hi Kennison
    I know your thread was 2 years ago but I have just come across it.
    Was the one you were considering 'Scarlet Lady' in North Cornwall? Did you buy it? Do you have any pics?
    I bought mine from near Redruth. She was called 'Pacemaker' & I am told once belonged to Peter Desavery. She is in Plymouth, not yet ready for the water but slowly getting there.
    If you are still looking for info come back to me & I'll share what little I have

5. kennison

kennison New Member

How you doing? I spoke to you before on boatmad.

How is the progress coming along with pacemaker? Any up to date pics?

I am still dreaming of owning one. :)

Cheers

Guy

6. Gasguzzler

Gasguzzler Ran out of gas again

Hi Gus.
    Good to speak to you again
    Very slowly but it is going in the right direction.
    Engines & drives have been removed & idenified. Ford 302 blocks with 351 heads & TRS drives. One engine & drive has been stripped ready for rebuild.
    A better trailer has been modified & she now sits on that.
    I have completely stripped all the old paint off now & tomorrow am going to start painting the epoxy primer on the topsides.
    I am using Blakes 2 pack & going to apply with roller & paint pad. Have never tried that method before but I have seen others do it successfully.
    I have got some pics attached which show some of what has & hasn't been done.
    :) Gasguzzler

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. Boyztoyz2004

Boyztoyz2004 New Member

Best boat ever

My father had two of these great boats back in the early 70's, first was powered by twin 4 cylinder mercruisers, second had twin V8's, would hit 60 mph easy, great hull in rough sea. Would love to get to play on one now I am all grown up, I was only 10 when he sold the last one in 73.

8. BearJaguar

BearJaguar New Member

Corniche Express

Hi,

I have just become the proud owner of one of these boats and am very keen to touch base with others - I have created a Yahoo Group - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/CornicheExpress/

Please feel free to join in and share whatever knowledge you may have for the benefit of other Corniche owners and enthusiasts!

9. Paul F

Paul F Junior Member

Hi,

I used to own a Corniche, long time ago, I would think about 1976, it was yellow with black cockpit uphohstery. It was fitted with twin Chrysler Super Bee V8's, with Volvo drives. I rember it being a wonderful hull in the sea, but would not like to fill the fuel tanks today !
    I will try to remember more of the history.

Paul

10. BearJaguar

BearJaguar New Member

Hi Paul,

I don't suppose you have any old brochure, photos - anything about the Corniche Express lying around? Do you remember if they had a hull number and where it was located? Any more history you can recall would be great!

Simon

11. Paul F

Paul F Junior Member

Hello Simon,

Sorry I do not have any paperwork or photos of the Corniche I had, it was a long time ago. My boat was origionally near Glasgow, I bought it from the first owner, who ran a crane hire company. He only used the boat for about 5 hours, then left it laying in his yard for about 5 years. Both engines were rusted solid, but the fuel tanks were still full. I brought the boat to Norwich, then after much work used it off the coast of Gt Yarmouth. Later I sold the boat to a person near Lulworth Cove, Dorset.

Regards, Paul

12. rsmiller

rsmiller New Member

information

this is my first time on here
    i just bought a 33 feet power boat witch i believe to be a corniche express
    the name on it is happy hands there are no engines in it
    i am just looking any information on this boat can any1 help thanks robert

13. jonathan barret

jonathan barret New Member

congrats with new boat. You might consider fitting a single diesel motor (G .M.450 hp for example )
    this will improve fuel/economy equation considerably,its quite easy to re-configure the transom to accept a single drive unit instead of twin.
    Let me know if you need the tech details.

14. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

It takes a lot of hours running to make the diesel pay.

15. stuart wilson

stuart wilson New Member

hello, ive just seen the message posted by rsmiller, and that boat he has purchased is my boat and was stolen from me some years back.
    i have posted on lots of furums trying to track it down and im guessing he knows about it being a stolen boat and knows im looking for it, so has gone quiet.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.