John Deere ENGINES made it China

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by rasorinc, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Singapore was like that 40 years ago, once capitalism, debt and inflation ( the tools to make a small group rich and the rest, well...) takes hold you dont get any more smiles. Its amazing to see old photos compared with today.

2. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

yes in the west we can protest but then again lets say you are out back mowing the lawn and one of your kids friends walks in to your house with a joint and somebody has told the police, you all go to prison and thats the law.
    It would be interesting to know if the USA has more innocent convicts via felony charges in prison versus political prisoners in China?

A policeman is having a bad day so in meeting you arrests you for nothing, you have a record for life that cannot be expunged hence you have created the worlds largest criminalised population for things that are generally not crimes in most other countries, certainly ones that do not result in a permanent record.
    And how are your rights in reality after you have a record in the USA???
    At the bottom end yes the USA takes huge numbers of 3rd world immigrants but at the other end I'll bet it has the highest number of people at the top end getting other passports.
    Here in Singapore its standard to meet an American and they say they now have a Singapore passport ( and no US any more as you cant have both)
    But you do have the right to walk down the street and not be shot and accosted to buy drugs or hassled by police looking to make money from you as the gov does not want you in prison and certainly does everything to prevent a second visit.
    And for having all that forced on you, you pay a whole lot less tax
    its a funny world!
    Did we mention if you are a foreigner in the USA and arrested you cant get bail so stay locked up till trial, not many countries in the world do that as given.
    that must add to the list of innocent people incarcerated.

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

it might be free when you live part time in a virtually uninhabited part of china but its a lot different in other parts . I know that for a fact.

4. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

US citizens can have dual citizenship with two passports. Only restriction is you need to use your US passport for entering the US. And you still have to pay US taxes on worldwide income, same as all other US citizens. Primary reason for renouncing US citizenship is to avoid paying US taxes, though that's become harder to do.

5. myark

myark Senior Member

Guangzhou where I live is millions of people, also Shangdong region living in Dongying for over 3 years amongst millions, also Chongqing where I first went to China 18 years ago is the same natured people and far far from isolated.
    If one wants to bad mouth other cultures with misinformed information then firsthand experiences in AU I found a large percentage of the work force jockeying for their positions "crawlers" suffering from job insecurities, NZ much the same.
    In China the work force I have also personally worked side by side and actually lived with on some factories accommodations are the opposite, no back stabbing, no bad mouthing, no job insecurity's and a close family atmosphere and humbleness on their work skills.
    While developing my ideas in China with factories, who many owners are friends for many years are more worried about friendship before business even though they know my finances are shoe string.
    In NZ or AU I cannot find the workmanship skills for my work needed but in China the workmanship skills are dime a dozen and teenagers who operate CNC, EDM and CAD as no big deal.
    The picture I took 2 days ago when the factory engineer, EDM wire cutter a a worker are threading a mock up miniature titanium invention I have just developed and will have displayed on www.Kickstarter.com shortly that is suited for the marine market.
    Even if wanted to pay the owner of this factory for his labor he would not except, friendship is more important which you can also see his work force which are well over 100 have no one on their backs cracking the whip like they do in AU.

The other picture taken was 17 years ago with the managing director and workers which I lived in this Shenzhen lost wax investment casting factory for 6 months that had a workforce of over 200.

Attached Files:

6. whitepointer23

Sounds like myark does more bad mouthing than about aussies and kiwis than anyone has done about china on this thread. Your biggest problem is your attitude myark . You seem to consider yourself far superior than everyone else and that is why you can't get on with people in your own country and Australia. You seem to do a lot of good things for other people which is great then you spoil it by insulting others and going on about how wonderful you are. And i know a lot more about chonqing than you think.

7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Boeing has just signed up to a deal to build airliners at a new plant in China.

8. myark

myark Senior Member

Whitepointer badmouthing message to me below :rolleyes:

If you changed your attitude you might get a bit of respect. I have worked with dozens of kiwis on minesites over the years and 1 in 3 are nice people and the other 2 are bigheaded clowns that rave on constantly about how good they are and how much better it is in n z. Quit the constant self promotion and you might be ok but at the moment your just another kiwi. You know our parliament house in canberra was built with reserve seats and offices set aside for when we annex new Zealand and it becomes a state of australia. We have been carrying you for 200 years might as well make it official. Bàaaaaaaaaaaaa.

9. whitepointer23

Have to draw straws for the maiden flight. Off topic question. Do cruisers visit china , the coast looks nice in pictures. I have never read or heard of sailors going there. Is it possible.

10. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

you cant have a Singapore passport and any other hence all these people I have met have renounced US citizenship to get the monkey off their back.

11. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

They have some regatta's but they dont really have systems in place yet but yes you can sort of cruise the cost.
    One problem is if your boat was built in china for export it has to go to a bonded dock if you return, so that kills of cruising.
    Thats a nightmare they need to fix

12. whitepointer23

Pretty true isn't it. I forgot you are only allowed to insult people. I do read about all the good things you have done for kids and people in your posts. Maybe you have 2 personalities. By the way i probably have more kiwi friends than you . And we all love hanging it on one another.

13. whitepointer23

I was thinking about foreign yachts. Like a lot of aussies cruise up to Indonesia and the Philippines but never a mention of china. Can you sail to china, check in with customs and go ashore like other places.

14. Mr Efficiency

I reckon WP23 met one-too-many export model NZedders that grated on him. I have met some of those, but also some great kiwis here on holiday. The ones that came here to stay, not so much, including one fool who bragged about dodging child support payments for two kids for 15 years. Lucky for those kids they never had anything to do with him !

15. Mr Efficiency

Don't want to cruise the DPRK coastline ? :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.