jet boat cooling

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by chopper_53e, Jun 14, 2006.

1. chopper_53e

chopper_53e New Member

I just bought my first jet boat, and had a couple questions about it. First, I need to know how the cooling lines are routed. None of them are hooked up. Where does the raw water come from to cool it? There is a piece of hose coming out of the jet, is that where the colling water comes from? I would also like to swap out the engine and replace it. When I do I want to run a closed system, with raw water going through a heat exchanger to the headers. Where can I get a heat exchanger? What size do I need? Can I get water pressure out of the jet to run through the heat exchanger? thanks

2. chopper_53e

chopper_53e New Member

3. sportcruiser

sportcruiser VanderWood

Exhaust jet boat

Have you got the log and snail type exhaust on a Ford, chevy or Olds jet engine.

[​IMG]

Maybe this schedule (one side) can help you
    [​IMG]

For a V8 engine you have to put a Y connector on the intake side and depending on the thermostat housing also (like my Olds 455). Most chevy, Ford engines have a left and right connector.

Make sure you have a low temp 160degr Fahrneheit for marine use installed.

Greetings,

Klaas van der Woude

www.bootbouw.blog2blog.nl

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.