Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 12-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
Thanks NadaBoring, Just went out and looked at boat again, its really not the time of year to be outside here, engine is a ford or mercury 188HP so I'm assuming its a 302CI, it has been outside for at least 8 years that I know of, Engine compartment seems to be sound, was talking to the previous owners brother and he said that he thinks that there might have been water in the fuel at one time, so I'm planning on pulling fuel tank and go from there, the inner floor also probably needs replacing, but as far as working on it that won't start till spring, also I'm not looking at getting this boat put together to sale, that's not my style, I just want to have a nice boat to take the wife out on the lake or river once in a while, will try to get pictures to post soon, also any word on the website for IMP club???????????????
Old 12-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Two Time IMP Owner

Rep: 10 Posts: 36
Dudley, I'm not sure if the IMP club still exists. I know it got started and pulled a lot of people away from this forum, then it went kaput for a while, then someone picked it up and got it going again. I didn't really follow it, just read some posts on here about it. You might want to read back through this thread and perhaps you will find out about the club. There's a ton of info that has been posted on this forum, some of which might interest you. Do you know which model of IMP you have? Navajo, Aztec? Other? Just my opinion, but I don't think a better boat was ever built, so I hope you can restore your IMP. Once you get it on the water you're going to love it.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Two Time IMP Owner

I just checked online for the club, and I got the message that www.impclub.com name is up for sale, so I suppose it's belly up. Go back to page 30 of this thread and you'll pick up some comments that were going on about IMPs at the time. Go forward or backwards from there to see how the conversations were going.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadaBoring View Post
I just checked online for the club, and I got the message that www.impclub.com name is up for sale, so I suppose it's belly up. Go back to page 30 of this thread and you'll pick up some comments that were going on about IMPs at the time. Go forward or backwards from there to see how the conversations were going.
Thanks NadaBoring, went through all the threads today before, hanging Christmas lites outdoors, My IMP is an Aztec pretty sure, from the pictures that I've seen on this forum
Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Two Time IMP Owner

Dudley, the Aztec will measure out to be just under 21' in length. Most of them came with OMC outdrives and GM V8 engines that produced 225 HP. The Navajo was the next smaller IMP and I think it was considered a 17' boat. These two boats were all V hulled. I've owned two IMPs in my life. The first was a near new 1968 Aztec and my second was a 1975 IMP Aztec, project boat. In fact, my son still has the boat. In the Spring, when you start working on your boat, get in touch with me if you have questions and I'll put you two together as he is pretty savvy about IMPs. Merry Christmas.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
I.M.P Pawnee photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeller87 View Post
love the cherokee, my dad had one when i was rowing up, looked for one for the past 5 years, settled foe a beat up pawnee, needs a lot of work but its at least the style i wanted
Hi, I was perusing through the forum looking for any information/images on the I.M.P. Pawnee. I was given this boat from my dad recently and everything seems to be out of sorts on the inside.... throttle control...parts of the dash, canopy..etc. Could you possibly post some interior photos from your pawnee? I would certainly appreciate any information/images you could share with me in restoring the pawnee.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:04 AM

Rep: 18 Posts: 7
Attached are scans of IMP brochures from the era.
Sorry I couldn't get them to load in landscape.
Right click the PDF after download and select ROTATE 3 times and it will be in the landscape mode
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMP Pawnee 1.pdf (1,010.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: pdf IMP Pawnee 2.pdf (1.54 MB, 122 views)
File Type: pdf IMP Pawnee 3.pdf (2.49 MB, 176 views)
Old 07-31-2015, 02:09 PM

Rep: 49 Posts: 44
Hello, I have the opportunity to pick up an IMP X- 246 Sport (project boat). It is a twin engine cuddy with a deep "offshore" type deadrise. The owner tells me the hull design is shared with the Magnum 27 and the Cigarette 25... does anyone here have any knowledge of this boat?
Thanks,
S.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:45 AM

1990 IMP Elante

Does anyone have information on this boat? Or has anyone ever seen another existing model? I don't know how many Boat of this model were produced but I wonder if this could be the last in existence lol I have never come across as second IMP Elante, in person or online

1990 IMP Elante
Twin Mercruiser 502
Estimated 14000 pounds operating weight
Capable of reaching speeds of 50 + MPH

I would love to hear any and all information or comments and questions are more than welcome. I have many more photos. I'm sorry but this boat is not for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
IMP Boats Information-imag4893_1.jpg  IMP Boats Information-imag4895_1.jpg  IMP Boats Information-imag4995.jpg  

IMP Boats Information-imag4928.jpg  IMP Boats Information-imag4984.jpg  
Old 11-16-2015, 10:12 AM

82 IMP Shawnee

I have a 1982 IMP Shawnee, I've seen the IMP clubs before, Would like to know if there might be a club here in Ks Or enough IMP Owners interested in starting something.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:58 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
1965 Apache IMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65imple View Post
Hello all,Im new here. I just recently found a sweet little IMP runabout ,single owner and garage kept for 41 years.She is 16ft. with a 1965 65hp. Merc outy,origanal motor Im told by the owner who bought her in kansas new. She looks a lot like a 17' Red Fish oceanic, but by 1965 red Fish was gone and IMP owned their molds. I do see some interior design carry over in the 67 aztec, but other than that I just dont see any mention of her.I have been around to all of the glass boat sites I can find ,and so far ....nothing! Does any one know of one, or any place I may not of looked. Any imfo would be really helpful
I too am new here and saw your post. I bought on of these yesterday. Mine is the stern drive model, with the inline 4. The registration paper says it a 16' IMP Apache. I was able to find sales literature by going to classic fiberglass. Shows the two versions and a couple pics of them, along with some general specs. I was told that mine was a 2 owner boat and I was the 3. I'll post pics when I get around to taking them.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:03 PM

new here

I saw an 1981 IMP on craigslist. It said it was a 25' model. Didn't have much details as to boat condition. He did say he had did some work to the motor. Looks as though it has a bimini top. Says it is a cuddy cabin