IMP Boats Information

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by JKE, Jan 17, 2005.

1. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

Post some pics of this beast! I'm sure those that know can give you a better idea once they see the pics.

2. M.J.B.

M.J.B. New Member

IMP Europa Boat for Sale

1989 23.5 ft. sport boat, 235 IMP Europa, 350 Magnum (270 HP). New trailer with only one complete season on it. 3 Canvases: Convertible,Cockpit, and Mooring.
    Electronics: Stereo, Fish finder, GPS. Trim tabs and all the accessories need to boat safely includes flares, lines, life jackets, fenders, etc... Only interested buyers to respond, no brokers. Email address Bystd@aol.com
    $12,995.00 or OBO. In Chicago area.

Attached Files:

3. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

Wow, what a beautiful boat. It shouldn't last long.

4. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

Wish I had the scratch. Nice boat.

5. M.J.B.

M.J.B. New Member

I bought the boat new and have had it for 20 years. I mainly use it on Lake Michigan. Rock solid hull and handles 2 to 3 foot waves with no problem.

6. hankyou

hankyou New Member

THIS SPRING:

I will have a 1976 IMP INCA 23ft 233hp Merc FLYBRIDGE for sale.

I am in northern Michigan and there is no trailer.

I love this boat but due to health problems, I am forced to sell.

A few details:
    > It has been unused for 3 years (I hoped for a medical miracle)
    > It has been professionally winterized, launched, shrink wrapped, maintained yearly by a marina staff for at least 20 years.
    > Almost everything is original except the aft seats (they disintegrated). All other seats, engine cover, vinyl, windows, trim, paint, jellcoat, railings, etc is original.
    > outdrive replaced in 1985
    > new canvas 2001 (?)
    > FLYBRIDGE works but shift sticks and I don't use it. Steers fine and view is awesume (my favorite place in this world)
    > Has added swim platform, LAN-C/fishfinder combo, new horn, 2 batteries and perko switch, spare prop, all lights worked, good bilge pump and switch, working marine radio and antenna (but I broke the mount)
    > The last time I used it, I took the relatives tubing, and it performed flawlessly.

I imagine it will need some work since it has been sitting on blocks in the marina. If you love IMP Inca's, this a jewel. I would NEVER sell it unless I had to, and would have used it the last three summers if I could have.

I want to find someone that will use the boat for recreation and appreciate the design, manufacture and history of IMP's. (I won't just dump it on Craigslist.)

If truly interested, tell me your location, questions and email.

7. wildcat71

wildcat71 Junior Member

Hello, i am a new member here @ boatdesign.net, and i am also a "new" IMP owner. purchased an '84 IMP X-180BR for $1200 and it has a Chrysler 105 outboard on it. havent had a chance yet to take it out and see what it does, but i have heard it run, and the only thing i can find wrong with it (sittin on the trailer) is the "white anchor light" doesnt work. have purchased the water adapter for the motor, and also a SELOC brand manual for the motor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ill be running it in the Colorado River here, which runs through Lake Havasu, Lake Mohave, and Lake Mead. hope to get a test run here sometime soon as its been around 75-80 degrees in Lake Havasu already. anyone with info or advice for a first time boat owner, whether it pertains to this boat, or boating in general, id greatly appreciate it.

8. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

Nice looking boat! I wish it were that warm here in eastern Washington. 50 is about all we got so far. My tip.....Don't forget the plug! You will, once. But that is all it will take.

9. wildcat71

wildcat71 Junior Member

thanks javajesus, looks like ill be hittin the lake this weekend, weather reports are sayin mid 80s to 90 degrees with winds from 5-20mph. ive registered on your forum as well, just need to wait til payday to finish registration. ill let ya know how everything goes.

10. hogleg1

hogleg1 New Member

just purchased a 1968 IMP 21 ft hardtop , with a 327 chevy motor and a mercruiser outdrive . Boat was stored in a garage since 1987 . trying to get it fired off today . Boat is in exceptional condition , other than the vinyl covered side panels for thr hardtop . The wood is bad , and am going to replace it with mahogoney .

11. hogleg1

hogleg1 New Member

I have a 1968 Imp Aztec , 21 ft 225 HP , and it has a 327 Cevy

12. wildcat71

wildcat71 Junior Member

well, took the boat out today. took a lil while for the motor to warm up (20-30 mins) idk the last time it was out. did pretty good, for awhile, than i started to find a few issues.

1: max rpm on the motor was only 3500, book says should be 5000-5500. 3500rpm, with 4 adults 1 teenager, was good for about 30mph on the choppy water.

2: after running for about 1-2 hrs, the engine just died. wasnt getting any electric power out of ignition (key) switch. after some searching, checking fuses, wiring, and ignition (key) switch. realized there was a circuit breaker (with a reset switch) in the ignition system. reset switch, and all was good. so i thought. when trying to run above 2000-2500 rpm, breaker would "trip" after a short while. nursed it back in to the docks only running about 1500-1700rpm.

everyone got a lil sun, and was a pretty good day for the first run IMHO. so if anyone knows what or where i should be looking for to fix these "initial" problems, any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

EDIT: also, does anyone know it they make a "reseal/rebuild" kit for the hydraulic trim/tilt. '78 Chrysler 105hp Model#1057H8H Serial#X1362

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  13. hogleg1

hogleg1 New Member

Mine is a 1968 and the block numbers check out as a 327

14. 25thmustang

25thmustang Junior Member

Does anyone have a good place to go and part out a 27' IMP Liberty? My hull was neglected and unless I find someone who wants to save it, I plan to part the usable items out.

Thanks

15. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

So, are you wanting to part it out, or are you trying to find someone who is parting another one out to fix it up?

You should go over to www.impboatclub.com and list it there as well. If you're wanting to part it out, your local Craig's List is a good place, as well as E-bay. Also good places to find one that is being parted out.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.