Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 03-23-2017, 09:24 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Help!! What is this mini-boat? Addictor?

It wound up in Tampa, Florida. Any idea as to the history or the value? Seems like it was produced after Addictor went out of business? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Help!! What is this mini-boat? Addictor?-100_2989.jpg  Help!! What is this mini-boat? Addictor?-100_2990.jpg  Help!! What is this mini-boat? Addictor?-100_2992.jpg  

Help!! What is this mini-boat? Addictor?-seawind-info.png  
Old 03-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Yacht Designer/Builder

Rep: 3967 Posts: 17,963
Welcome to the forum.

It may very well have been built after Addictor went out of business. It's very common to sell the molds after a company goes belly up, so this may be just that, though it would also have a HIN, if produced by a reputable builder. The HIN prefix would show the manufacture, if none is seen, you have a ******* and might have some difficulty getting her registered and titled again. Most of the time, if the previous "FL" number comes up clean, you can just apply for a new title and registration, after a few hoops are jumped through in our state. Personally I don't see much to redeem on this little puppy, but to each their own I guess.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 PM

Rep: 1669 Posts: 1,994
That may be one of the old Disney boats. Back in the 80's Disney had a whole fleet of little boats just like that one. I was visiting Underwriters Laboratories when they were testing some of them. I don't recall who made them but it could have been Addictor.
Boat Builder News Blog
My Boating Safety Blog
Old 03-24-2017, 08:47 PM

Rep: 1279 Posts: 2,656
Way back in time, Cypress Gardens (WInter Haven Florida tourist attraction) had a whole fleet of boats of that general type. That could possibly be one of them.