Help with new boat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Adtictac, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Adtictac

Adtictac New Member

I am looking at purchasing a new boat, as our bayliner has finally died on us..... We are looking for an easy to handle ski, wake board and tubing boat. 3 boats we are looking at are the Sea Ray 185, Maxum 1800 SR3 and the four winns. What do you guys think? Any one better then the other? Let me know.

2. 32' new guy

32' new guy Junior Member

why play with plastic

If you want a boat find a classic and put bigger engines in it, sorry to be unsympathetic, but god didn't make fibreglass trees. a boat isn't a boat 'til you sweat in the varnish(Cetol) :D :rolleyes:

3. Robert Gainer

Robert Gainer Designer/Builder

What’s going on in this forum?

What’s going on in this forum? One man in another post is running down the hall tearing out his hair and this one is saying that god didn’t make fiberglass trees. Well god didn’t make thickness planers either. He’s asking a real question about a real boat, is this type of forum going to be a waste of time. I have joined to learn something and share what little that I know. Can someone answer both his and my question?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.