H2 powerboat (h2-lifestyle.com)

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Afirsttimebuyer, Oct 3, 2004.

1. i just moved into a bayside residence in the U.K. and i'm hoping for some advice...

I've done alot of research and found a company called H2-lifestyle.com which is marketing a new boat design. Have a look at this website, then continue...

As a first time buyer I am very exited at the prospet of owning a boat with such a great look and practical design. I have been out for a demo day on this and a few other boats... On the water this boat handled way better than any other boat I have been in, in terms of speed and manouvreability. I was wondering if there are any seasoned boat designers out there who could comment on this as a first time buy?

I am curious because the hull design allows a 2 stroke engine to run at 5 litres/hour and the baot holds 25 litres. This was proved at the demo but I know is significantly lower than other boats? Any comments on this?

I am also curious as to the actual function of the "wings" and aspects of the safety of the boat.

Thanks
    Alex

2. Tall Timber

Tall Timber Junior Member

The wings look to be there to serve as wings to provide some ground effect lift, and hence, speed and fuel effeciency and also to serve as outriggers for added stability, looks like a fun ride on protected waters.

3. nevd

nevd Junior Member

H2 powerboat

IMHO - suspect the wing span and the boat speed would in combination not be sufficient to provide any noticeable ground effect even with the largest specified 50 hp motor. The boat is very narrow and deep veed, so it would be quite unstable without the stability added by the sponsons on the bottom of the wings.

It should therefore ride well in a chop and be considered as an alternative to a jet ski.

nevd

4. yipster

yipster designer

i have been reading about races in these type boats in scandinavia, just cant remember if it was wig, stability or what....

5. Tall Timber

Tall Timber Junior Member

They might resist submarining when wave jumping. Not much room for stretching your legs or taking a nap though

6. yipster

yipster designer

thats what this site also mentions and there is more to it at http://www.h2-lifestyle.com/h2-boat-difference.html
    [​IMG]
    the bigger winged boats i saw pictured racing in a magazine article had a reason for that shape, it seems stability than...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.