Fountain hulls...or simular in a rib?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by joakimhansson, Jun 13, 2008.

1. joakimhansson

joakimhansson Junior Member

After one day in a Fountain Lightning 42 with 2 x 600 hp... I must say that hull must be nr.1 in powerboat. Very fast hull, very easy to trim. This one is with staggered engines, center of gravity is very good.

The only rib with simular hull is ocke designed pascoe international and adam younger designed kr7.

I would like a boat 6,5-7 meters with jockeyseat for 4-6 persons. And capable to handle a 200 e-tec.

The bananashark is a very nice hull to, but i want jockey.

Any ideas?

2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

My mind keeps coming back to the UK builder Solent, so I'm no help. But I'm sure the guys over on www.rib.net could help you.

Kelly Cook

3. Adam Younger

Adam Younger www.adamyoungerdesign.com

We have a few new RIB designs going through at the moment - but a bit longer than you are looking for. The quickest is going to be a new 7.5m double stepped hull. Also another design for a 7.5m non-stepped hull as well.

Either could be fitted with Jockey seats.

I would imagine the builders will be in production by about September of this year.

Adam

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.