Flats boat, bay boat air conditioned cockpit

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Tarpon1, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Tarpon1

Tarpon1 Guest

I want to open this up again. The 121 people that read the thread answer me please. Thanks to you in Corpus Christi Texas and Sebastian Fl. Imagine driving home in an air conditioned cabin much like a racing canopy. Stay cool in summer and toasty in winter. The canopy would not effect the fishing decks or gunnels.

2. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

For a boat that size, I just dont think its very practical. Most of the time you spend on one of those type boats, your fishing not running. Now what would be great is a simple t-top or similar shade that doesn’t get in the way of fishing (bimini top). I used to take big beach umbrella and stick it in the center console rod holder, kept me cool while drift fishing/live baiting - doesn’t work while running though.

Joel
    Boatbuildercentral.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.