favorite lines?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by stevel, Oct 14, 2004.

1. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

I have a 26' navy personnel boat that seems to suit me pretty well as far a size, construction, and performance. Either this Winter or next, I plan to redo the cabin and helm to make her into a cabin-cruiser, possibly with a flying bridge, or with a pilot house ahead of the cabin. Does anyone have a suggestion for boats of similar size that have a straight sheerline that I may want to look at for inspiration?

Here's a url with photos of the same model that I have:
    http://www.marinesalvagepi.com/26personnel.html

One possibility that I have looked at is to play with the lines of from my old 23' Uniflite cabin-cruiser, as I've always thought that she had a pretty profile.

I've also thought about a pilot house that resembles that of a lobster boat or even the more commercial look of a tug (forward rake to the glass). With the pilot house idea, I'd set it higher than the cabin with the sole about the same height as the deck, or maybe a foot lower.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.