engine conversion

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by sethvw, Apr 5, 2007.

1. sethvw

sethvw Junior Member

Hello all,
    I am new to boatdesign, but really like the site so far. Not sure where to post, but will try here. I have a 21 ft v-hull with a Merc. 3.0 l 4 cylinder. The boat runs good, but I would like some oppinions on swapping in a 4.3 v6. I know the gas usage would go up but could use a little extra power. I have changed props, but believe the boat is a little large for the 3.0. What issues will i have with connecting outdrive?
    thanks seth

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

3. bilgeboy

bilgeboy Senior Member

I did have an inboard engine that was Protestant, but with alot of effort, I was able to convert to Catholicism. In retrospect, I think the engine conversion was not worth the effort, I would have saved money ordering directly from Rome in the first place. Italians do make some nice engines.

Mike

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.