Dan Arena boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by BoatMon, Aug 22, 2004.

1. t020673

t020673 New Member

Hey there BoatMon! My grandfather bought a Dan Arena Custom 21 footer in 1973, and it looks a lot like yours. We had the boat for many years, unfortunately my grandfather wasn't the best at taking care of things, so it started needing a lot of work later. Anyway we finally sold it in 2002 to a family friend after my grandfather died. I saw it just last week when the family friend brought to our family reunion. It originally had a Chevy 454 motor in it, and with the dual pipes in the back, it was the loudest boat on the lake. The family friend did a fantastic job restoring the boat, including a new 454 bored out. I don't remember the new CI, but he said it pumped out 475 hp.

Attached Files:

2. maesj1

maesj1 Junior Member

hello again. I am sad to say that my DANARENA boat has died. she is sitting in front of my house with a -notice to move or it will be towed -orange ticket on it. the motor is out and out drive is off, i still have both though, she is still a beautiful boat . do any of you need anything off of her before its too late? if some one wants anything or the whole thing let me know ASAP! my number is 707 655 0140 i am in vallejo i have 3 days. today is aug 15, 2008. it is so sad. my email is maesj1@aol.com look at previous post for photo
    :(

3. Rik

Rik Senior Member

Call Arena yacht sales in San Rafael

4. maesj1

maesj1 Junior Member

Hey i was on craigslist.org in california> bayarea>Northbay> an arenacraft is for sale. just like mine but a bit older, and has all orginal everything, i went and saw it. I want it! I am broke. maybe someone else might want to take a peek, by the way my boat hasnt been towed off yet.SAD

5. TonyBoats

TonyBoats New Member

1960 Arena/Buehler Turbocraft...need info!

We have a boat which we are told is a 1960 Arena. It has Buehler Turbocraft logo and jet pump in it The story goes...it was built by Dan Arena for a Lake Tahoe boat ride concession operator who wanted the jet so the rooster tail would attract attention. The research i've done so far suggests it may be the only Arena built with a jet...??? It is now beautifully restored to museum quality with some modern upgrades. Any info from any of you would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your time. Tony in Alabama :)

6. Kit Arena

Kit Arena Junior Member

Here's my boat. It is the little brother of your Dan Arena Custom 21. It is the 18 version that I built in 1974. I finally got it from the Kopf family. The boat never left Lake Tahoe. It was re-powered with a 300 hp 350 Chevy and the stern drive has lasted over 200 hrs with this motor. (I'm amazed)! I will go thru the drive next season. The next project is to redu the interior with a 360 degree capt's helm chair and a back to back port seat copied of the 20 version. Runs 60++ and still gets the looks. Recent epoxy clear coat over original flake and a bench seat made by an unknown upholsterer. Otherwise, no changes since I built her.

Kit Arena

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. maesj1

maesj1 Junior Member

Hello there everyone. My boat is finally gone it was a sad day indeed, i worked so hard on that boat, but anyways i was on craigslist.org today and there is an arena craft listed in sanjose for $850. i am still broke and it is again another fixer -uper so i just thought i would post this is the listing title so write in the serch box at craigslist /bayarea. 16 foot fishing water ski BOAT V8 ~ CHEAP must clear storage yard - $700 - (san jose downtown) img

8. sierraperf

sierraperf New Member

Arenacraft/Buehler-Turbocraft

Hi Tony ~
    (a couple of posts up) - is this your 'Tahoe' arenacraft with the buehler jet drive? Kit - can you chime in on this one?
    Peyton (sorry, didn't know how to post the pic here)

http://www.theclassicboathouse.com/arencraftpaul.html

9. scot ruhser

scot ruhser Junior Member

1968 Arena Craft Marlin 180v

Hi guys I just found this forum this is great I to have an 1968 Arena Craft Marlin 180v powered by a small block ford 302. I live In north Texas and came across this boat in a garage. still runs great but need some minor work . the boat still has the orig interior. it also has the flip out front lower windsheild I am wanting to sell it because I just dont have the time or money to do a restore on it. plus its very hard to find parts.anyone wanting a look just gime me a ring 940-592-2733 home cell # 940-632-9201 thanks Scot

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  10. papasloan

papasloan New Member

I am the proud owner of a 1961 18 ft arenacraft. Originally equipped with a 150hp marine Intercepter. My father bought the boat in 1963. In 1964 he noticed the stringers were coming apart. So out went the engine and stringers.
    It was repalced with a Berkeley Jet drive and a 1964 389 GTO pontiac. Which it still has to this day. Its a nice ski boat. I have done repairs to the hull and rebuilt the engine. Currently it has approx 900 hours on it.
    I only use it once or twice a year.

11. David55cobra

David55cobra Junior Member

The boat that I've been looking at recently looks EXACTLY like the 21XL pictured - same windshield, same air vents molded into the deck mid-ships, same lines, and the same low freeboard. The hull I'm looking at has what appears to be a volvo outdrive and 300hp small block chevy engine which I'm told is NOT the original engine. The registration says that the boat is a 1973 20ft danarena. Any ideas as to how many of these were built that year? How rare it is? was it built in a 20ft version?

12. Jason Church

Jason Church New Member

1965 Arena Craft Bonito

I have just purchased a 65' Arena Craft Bonito, with a 289 Intercepter. I know a little about the company (from reading this forum) but very little about this model, most info out there is for the Barracuda. Does anyone have original ads or flyers for this boat. My boat is missing the seats but other wise complete. I am really looking for pictures of what the original seats looked like. I have been out of boats for a little while and am really excited to restore this classic. Thank you for any help this forum has been a wealth of info.
    Jason Church

Pictures of my project are posted at;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/24263770@N05/sets/72157611294035812/

13. sierraperf

sierraperf New Member

Bonito

Jason,
    That boat is a gem in the rough, and what a classic look. Actually it's not in that bad of condition. Our neighbors bought one of those new back in '65 and it was a cut above most other small runabouts. It deserves to be saved! Good luck - keep us posted

14. maesj1

maesj1 Junior Member

15. classmate43

classmate43 Junior Member

Just Purchased 1957 Barracuda Excited!

I've just purchased a 57 Arena craft Barracuda and am pumped up! I've looked for one of these fine boats for eight years and she's finally comin home with me. I plan on putting her in top ACBS show condition. Here's a couple of pics for you. Date of this post is 2 21 09
    JAG in Michigan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.