Dan Arena boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by BoatMon, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Kit Arena

Kit Arena Junior Member

Your 21 Cuddy

Looks good. You did a great job. As far as the Cuddy Cabin doors go, We used 3/8 Plywood. Mahogony veneer on both sides and 3 coats of Varathane (Satin Finish). Dan Arena is my cousin. He did not build the boats then, but has done a great job in restoring a few 1950 to late 60's Arenacraft inboards.

Good luck,

Kit Arena

1 person likes this.
  2. Munday

Munday New Member

Hi 61 arena craft v-drive

Hello kit

I came back to this post after along time,glad to see it active.I tried the seafury e mail back then.I've had a 61 v=drive since 1980, good old boat
    but valdals broke half the wind shield out,so she has sat for the last couple of years,wondered if you have any insight where they came from?

When I got the old gal she needed stringers I cut it apart at the rub rail omg did you all build a solid boat took all one winter but it has new stringers and floor.As far as I know the 312 is still original except changed to altenator.
    We have a 92 correct craft but I'd rather use the arena craft so much room with the v-drive and the storage under the bow and down the gunnels behind the seats and side pockets for driver and shotgun these boats where way ahead of there time and still there is nothing out there to compare,thanks for beeing here and caring about Arena Crafts

Bob Munday, Edmond Oklahoma

3. Annascaul

Annascaul New Member

Dear Kit,
    I have been reading all of the post on Arena Crafts because I own and am almost finished restoring my 1975 Dan Arena Craft. I'm fairly certain it's a Dan Arena rather than Arena Craft, and would really really like to get the official DAN ARENA CRAFT insignia on there, but I've never seen it. Can you help me out??
    Thanks!

4. even kiehl

even kiehl New Member

1967 18' ARENA CRAFT, $1500, San Francisco

Hi, first post, following is blurb just listed on San Francisco Craigslist, fyi, pls do search under BOATS, then ARENA.
    Don't know how to post pix here, but they are on CL. Boat is in Santa Rosa, CA. Thanks, Stuart. stuart@vineyardvideo.com.
    ----------------------------------------------

This boat is a ONE OWNER, original 1967 pink slips.
    Was planning on keeping it, but two other boats have not been completed.

It is a 4 cyl Mercruiser which needs a starter and fuel pump. The owner wrote, "..it was fine not too long ago so it should be in good shape."

Interior is all original, all emblems, hardware, gauges, etc all there. Looks like some kind of stick-on veneer on dash is missing, but all instruments intact and in good shape.

The bimini is custom made and in very good shape. Interior is original and in good shape.

Windshield OK, has two small cracks.(pix show boat right after being hosed down, so it is not that shiney, but could be with a little wax or Poliglow

Trailer works fine, needs plug and some bulbs, ran it about 80 miles easily. Black plate!

This is a near collector boat and in good shape, so with a very little investment, and a little polish, you can have an original Dan Arena boat.

Add up the elements and the $1500 seems a very fair price:
    -engine AND outdrive, $500
    -Boat, $500
    -Bimini top and side curtains, $400
    -trailer, $100

First one with cash can take home a REAL classic and posting will be removed.
    THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS BOAT HAS BEEN OFFERED FOR SALE IN 40 YEARS!
    YOU can now own this.
    Stuart
    cell 707 799-1927
    707 591-9999

5. Daidohead

Daidohead sponge

she needs a new home

I'll let her go cheap to someone who will fix her up.​

Attached Files:

6. smirnoff

smirnoff New Member

Kit?

Hmmm.....is Dan your father or cousin?

Can you tell us about the boat manufacturing in Mt Clemens????

7. even kiehl

even kiehl New Member

1967 18' ARENA CRAFT, $500, San Francisco

1967 18' ARENA CRAFT, $500, San Francisco
    A friend bought it, now wants to sell it for $500
    stuart@vineyardvideo.com

----------------------------------------------

This boat is a ONE OWNER, original 1967 pink slips.
    Was planning on keeping it, but two other boats have not been completed.

It is a 4 cyl Mercruiser which needs a starter and fuel pump. The owner wrote, "..it was fine not too long ago so it should be in good shape."

Interior is all original, all emblems, hardware, gauges, etc all there. Looks like some kind of stick-on veneer on dash is missing, but all instruments intact and in good shape.

The bimini is custom made and in very good shape. Interior is original and in good shape.

Windshield OK, has two small cracks.(pix show boat right after being hosed down, so it is not that shiney, but could be with a little wax or Poliglow

Trailer works fine, needs plug and some bulbs, ran it about 80 miles easily. Black plate!

This is a near collector boat and in good shape, so with a very little investment, and a little polish, you can have an original Dan Arena boat.

First one with cash can take home a REAL classic and posting will be removed.
    THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS BOAT HAS BEEN OFFERED FOR SALE IN 40 YEARS!
    YOU can now own this.
    Stuart
    cell 707 799-1927
    707 591-9999

8. bertsboat

bertsboat bertsboat

1956 Arena Craft Barracuda

The Cudas Are Comming Out Of The Woodwork These Days. The Fiberglass Boats Are Coning Of Age. It's About Time! Wood Is Work!! Boats Are For Pleasure, That's Why Fiberglass Was Invented And The Barracuda Was The First All Fiberglass Inboard Boat. It Is A Cored Hull Too. Best Looking Boat Of It's Time.

Attached Files:

9. bertsboat

bertsboat bertsboat

1956 Arena Craft Barracuda

The Cudas Are Comming Out Of The Woodwork These Days. The Fiberglass Boats Are Coning Of Age. It's About Time! Wood Is Work!! Boats Are For Pleasure, That's Why Fiberglass Was Invented And The Barracuda Was The First All Fiberglass Inboard Boat. It Is A Cored Hull Too. Best Looking Boat Of It's Time.

Attached Files:

10. bertsboat

bertsboat bertsboat

Arena Craft Barracuda News Letter

Here Is A Letter I Had Saved In My Barracuda Folder.

Attached Files:

11. bertsboat

bertsboat bertsboat

Some More Info On Dan Arena. Enjoy !!

Here Is A Bit Of History On Dan Arena

12. even kiehl

even kiehl New Member

1967 Arena Craft, SF, CA SOLD, SOLD!

Thank you

13. Richard S.

Richard S. New Member

1968 Arena Craft Tarpon

Does anyone know about a boat store in San Rafael, CA that has old Arena Crafts? I am trying to locate it and do not know its name. I might want to sell my boat. It has always been garaged and has about 300 hrs. on a 289 cu. in. Ford motor. I am the original owner. Bought it at Cope and McPheters in Santa Clara, CA.

Thank you,
    Richard

14. even kiehl

even kiehl New Member

Richard,
    Pls call me 707 799-1927
    Stuart

15. streamline

streamline New Member

I have a 1960 arena craft dierct drive. I have not found very much info about my model/year. If anyone is intresed I am willing to sell. my email is customcraft1328@yahoo.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.