Dan Arena boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by BoatMon, Aug 22, 2004.

1. ArenaCraft

ArenaCraft New Member

I hope to post some photo's next week. It' killing me finding no info.

2. riesberg

riesberg New Member

to all you 1955- 1957 arena craft boat owners,
    The Lake Tahoe boat club's classic boat show this year will feature " wing " boats. Along with chris craft cobras and others, they believe arena craft barracudas will be there. I think the show is second weekend in August. jim riesberg

3. nickarena

nickarena New Member

hello, fellow arena here

hi there. My name is nick arena. Dan arena is my grandfather. My father chris arena built all the boats personally. Please email me if you want to chat. I want to buy an old one for myself. we still have molds but not a boat. my email is seafury24@hotmail.com

4. nickarena

nickarena New Member

Hello there. I am the arena you are all looking for. Dan arena was my grandfather. My father built all the boats by hand. We have molds but want to pick up some old boats. Please contact me at Seafury24@hotmail.com to discuss further. I can also answer any questions any of you might have regarding these boats. thanks. Nick Arena

5. Larry Gaddy

Larry Gaddy Junior Member

1955 Baracuda

Hello Nick, It is very good to hear from you. I am leaving town for a week this morning but I will be back in touch with you when I return. Thanks for asking but I don't think I will ever sell this boat. Thanks, Larry Gaddy

6. riesberg

riesberg New Member

1956 barracuda for sale

nick,
    I know of one for sale ( it was last week). I am restoring a '56 I bought this spring. You can reach me here or at jrriesberg@cox.net
    Jim Riesberg

7. Annascaul

Annascaul New Member

Arena Craft

This message is for Kit if your still watching this page. About two years ago I bought a Dan Arena Craft which I've never seen. It's an 18 footer, which had (before I put a volvo in it) an OMC stern Drive. I didn't know that Arena made 18 footers. I think the year is 1975. Any info on it? I tried to attatch some pictures. is it true that the yard was in Lafayette CA?

Attached Files:

8. Dave Sommers

Dave Sommers New Member

1974 21 foot Arena Craft

My dad bought this boat from Dan Arena in 1974. Someone told me that it was his personal boat. It has a cuddy cabin, 300HP Chevy motor and a 270T Volvo outdrive. It was sitting for over 20 years and receintly I got it running again an back in the water. It still will run at over 50MPH and rides like a dream. My dad just died and we want to sell the boat, but have no idea what it is worth. Can anyone help me with an apraisal? It also has a tandom axle trailer with new surge brakes.

9. foreverwave

foreverwave New Member

Dan Arena

Hello dave I also have a Dan Arena 21' but its a run about model I'm told they cut 6" out of the hieght of the cuddy to do this. I bought the boat 2 years ago. Would you send me pics. of your boat , I would like to see the diff. between the two models, And might be interested in purchasing it. Thanks ,Scott Smith, tm4fshn2003@yahoo.com

10. foreverwave

foreverwave New Member

Hello dave I also have a Dan Arena 21' but its a run about model I'm told they cut 6" out of the hieght of the cuddy to do this. I bought the boat 2 years ago. Would you send me pics. of your boat , I would like to see the diff. between the two models, And might be interested in purchasing it. Thanks ,Scott Smith, tm4fshn2003@yahoo.com

11. jamaeszing

jamaeszing New Member

Danarena 73

I bought this boat about 1 1/2 years ago. Needed alot of engine work, but she runs great most of the time now. Last summer we were camping at Lake Berryessa skiing and kneeboarding behind her,and I've caught 15 keeper sturgeon so far with her, right out here near Mare Island. I live in Vallejo, ca. I am interested in what the cabin doors looked liked, and I :p want a full bimini enclousure. Any ideas? It is a 1973 DANARENA 21' with a cuddy cabin and volvo penta 280, and i need another prop!:p :p

Attached Files:

12. Daidohead

Daidohead sponge

Hello All, I just bought a 1969 Arena Craft and am having trouble finding info on it. She's 16' 6", has a chevy 4 cylinder with a mercruiser outdrive. I was wondering if this would be a rienell-Arena, or a Dan Arena. was also wondering if anyone knows where one might find parts, books, or any other info on this baby, it was love at first sight and I'm anxious to get her in the water. Thanks. Mark

13. gnelson78

gnelson78 New Member

Hello, I just ran accross these postings on the Net. I currently have two Arena Craft Boats. The first my family picked up about 12 years ago. Its a 1974 runabout. The second we got in 2000 Its a 1969 baracuda. The 74 runs but takes on water and the transom is shot. The 69 I use all summer long. I might be interested in selling the 74. Thanks, Greg

14. Jenn

Jenn New Member

My husband and I have a '65 ArenaCraft that has done nothing but treat us right. We get so excited to learn about others out there...there isn't much out there on the web about these boats and it's cool to be part of something with some family history behind it!!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006

15. Budman

Budman New Member

Lost Arena Craft Please help!

Hi All,
    I am having no luck in finding what Model my Arena Craft is or about what year it might be. I would give anything to be able to find out how to research the CA. Registration of CF 3182 AL I don't know if this could be done....but it would be GREAT! I think I have a 1960s Utility with the 312 intercepter. Please help if you can or send me somwhere else. Thanks very much, Bud 706-745-5526

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.