Concept W PWC or Small W motorboat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by icetreader, May 12, 2005.

1. icetreader

icetreader Senior Member

Concept W PWC or just a small motoboat for 1-2 persons.
    As you can see, I'm just playing with the basic parameters of the W concept.

The steering device is telescopic and pivots up and down.
    This enables the operator to sit (ride) anywhere along the saddle as well as to stand up.

Propulsion: traditional outboard motor or PWC engine...

Advantages: stability, comfort etc.

Comments? Questions? Ideas? -Shoot! :)

Yoav

Attached Files:

2. mackid068

mackid068 Semi-Newbie Posts Often

It's so...so...beautiful :) !!!!!! Sitting on the saddle, how comfortable is that even in a little chop? Padding may help. BTW, what size motor are you thinking? Just now, I think that it'd be a nice concept to have a solid roof with an exit, naturally (just thinking is all). :D

3. icetreader

icetreader Senior Member

Boat or PWC?

Mackid,
    As usual you have interesting ideas-
    The saddle is comforatble even when it's just naked plastic, but why not add padding?
    It looks like you see this thing developing more into a "boat" and less as a PWC, so why not a roof?
    I guess that in order to create a "PWC effect" I should have added a girl wearing a bikini inside the boat, or make it shorter.

I wasn't thinking of any particular motor-
    My goal in posting those "concept" W boats is to expose new possibilities to designers and manufacturers, and to explore different ideas and directions online.
    -Besides, it's fun...:D

Yoav

4. JEM

JEM Senior Member

For shade at easy cruising speeds, add 4 flush mount rod holders, and have them double as mounting posts for a simple canvass top. Maybe need some padeyes installed for tie down.

5. mackid068

Certainly, Yoav. I feel that your design could be utilized, if extended, as a boat, but has A LOT LOT LOT of promise as a hybrid sail/power/rowable PWC, not just as a Jet-ski, but as a PERSONAL WATERCRAFT intended for all, not just for speed/adrenaline-junkies.

6. icetreader

icetreader Senior Member

Matt,
    You just created a new type of vessel: The "Rod Holder Carrier" :D
    BTW, has anyone calculated how much HP it takes to drag an additional line?...

Mackid,
    This is the "Personal Watercraft" in the broad sense.
    And of course we can also keep playing with more specific W designs for amateurs of specific sports - from fishing :) to racing.

How about a W boat designed to serve as tender and multi-sports watersports accessory for yachts? A solution for both practical and fun needs?

Yoav

7. mackid068

Sounds good!!!!!!!!! w00t!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.