Chriscraft Scorpion

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by DParkerL, Apr 13, 2004.

1. DParkerL

DParkerL New Member

Need some help. Can't seem to find the gross weight of this boat. 17ft with a 170hp, V-6, open bow. Triing to figure out if I can pull this behind my van. The biggest hitch I can get is rated at 3500lbs, my trailer weighs 560. I'll keep looking other places for info. Just thought someone here could help.
    Thanks, DParkerL

2. Hi, I'm alos surfing for info on a scorpion 168 with what I think is the same 229 V6 engine you have. I haven't bought it yet, but it was offered to me by friend. NADA blue book says the boat is 1400 pounds. I'm not sure I believe that but that's what I came up with. The boat's the cheapest part of the feal. I need a towing vehicle now and I'm seraching for the same info you are.

Good luck, Brian

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.