Chris Craft Power Cat Tunnel Racer

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by chinaboatguy, Jan 31, 2004.

1. chinaboatguy

chinaboatguy New Member

Can anyone tell me how many of these cats were built.
    Were they safe?
    What is the maximum power they can accept?
    Where can I find one?

Any information will be greatly appreciated, you also can contact me directly at kurtsigouin@yahoo.ca

Happy Boating.......................

2. aqualoco

aqualoco Junior Member

Chris Craft Chris Cat

Are you speaking of the 30' twin engine cat that Chris Craft built and raced from 1984 to 1987? If so...There were only 250 of these boat made, with a large part of that being for racing offshore. Very safe and can handle big power.

If you are refering to a small 12' cat that was for sale on Ebay some time ago, I believe that this was just something that someone did themselves. I have no knowledge of Chris Craft offering such a boat but that doesn't mean that it wasnt possible. I have actually seen another cat that I thought looked more like the fullsize version than the one on Ebay did.

3. nova

nova New Member

to my knowledge,chris craft never produced such a boat the 12 footer that is.

Last edited: May 18, 2004
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.