Chris Craft Lancer

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by morgo, Jul 30, 2005.

1. morgo

morgo New Member

I have a 19' 1974 Chris Craft Lancer and have been thinking of selling it. Poking around the internet looking for how much others are selling or have sold this type of boat for, I found one seller claim that only 14 of these were ever made...which is kind of hard to believe. If anyone knows any history of Chris Craft Lancers, please fill me in! Thanks.

2. Dean

Dean New Member

19' Lancer

I'm not sure if you have had any responces, however I have a 19' lancer myself so if you hear anything let me know if you would.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo New Member

Pls check www.lancerboats.se , a swedish enthusiastic clubs website.
    Some material is in english as well, as the history of Lancers.
    If you still seek for a buyer to your boat, the guys are great brokers, who will sell your boat in a whizz: www.antiqueboat.com

4. davidrwalkerjr

davidrwalkerjr New Member

I also have a chris craft 19ft lancer

My lancer is a red with whiten stripe out board, yes out board. It's a 125hp two stroke out board. I don't know the exact year that it was made. All the research that I have done on the internet (which is some what limited) has not showed me that there ever was a outboard model made. This boat looks un-molested. I would also like to know what this boat value is. I'm not interested in selling, I'm just curious. Any input you might have would be appreciated.

Thank You Much
    David Walker
    davidrwalker@yahoo.com

5. dogger

dogger New Member

19' Lancer Outboard

19' Lancer Outboard? Could it be a 17' outboard, 1971?

There was a Lancer 17' made in 1971, 60 hulls worth that were made that offered a 125 O/B. It says the Outboard was housed under a covered engine well. Does that sound right?

Measures out to 17' 7", beam of 7' 3", 1200lbs -Red hull with white water line.

6. dogger

dogger New Member

19' 1974 Chris Craft Lancer

In 1974, Chris Craft made hulls for 20 boats, ORFZ-19-3001 to ORFZ-19-3020. How many boats were made and sold? Got me, my guess would be all 20.

Not sure what value of specific year Lancer is or in what condition yours is in. The Lancer was very popular and Chris Craft's name helps. I get a comment everytime on the water with mine, I paid $5,500 -But it was restored, minus the hull which I will do soon.

I have seen them for sales from a couple G's to $15,000. I'd say a fair price on a boat in good condiion would be between $5,000 and $10,000 USD to the right buyer if in great shape. The more you know about the boat, details, etc along with great pictures and some of the info I gave along with Lancer history helps drive the value.

It's like the antique roadshow, the more info you have on the antique, the more people will trust you. some people sell a boat, don't have any details of the boat and barely know the size.

My brief on the Lancer:

Build from 1968-1977, designed by Jim Wynne and boat racer Walt Walter Built with a deep-V which made it a great racing boat. They made 1135 for the 10 years of production. Jim Wynne did the design work for the Lancers hull with Dick Avery doing the cockpit and interior design.

These two took the Lancer and made the XK's out of them by cutting them down, lower profile in water.

Great boats with a good following, even in Sweden, see other posts

7. XK 18

XK 18 New Member

17' Outboard Inboard lancer

Hello I got one of those 1971 17' lancer outboard motor mounted inside boat also has that engine cover Pretty cool boat any other info would be most helpfull I will try and post a pic of it
    Thanks Walt

8. XK 18

XK 18 New Member

Lancer Outboard IN

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.