Center Consoles

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by usmarinekurt, Jun 16, 2006.

1. usmarinekurt

usmarinekurt New Member

Hi-new here currently in Iraq...........when I get home my wife and I will buy a 24ish foot center console boat.we want twin motors.
    The boat will be used 50% on the lake we live on 30%on Lake Superior and 20% in the ocean.
    We will move to New England in 4 years so these numbers will change.She has authorized approx 45,000+/-
    I like the following
    I have a 18 Proline I do like alot
    Outrage even though I d like a wider boat
    Mako
    Hydrasport
    Triton maybe too much money though
    Aquasport
    Grady
    Any suggestions??or any I am missing??????????thaks alot....Kurt

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

Century, Donzi, Contender, Ranger,..... Quite an extensive list. Wanting twin engines and staying under 45K, I'd buy a used hull with clapped out engines and hang some new ones. You'll come out miles ahead, probably with all the electronics, T top, outriggers, all that stuff that will add another 10-20K.

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I'd agree with Craig- go used and rig it yourself. So many people buy these things, never use them, then realize 5 years later that they're paying thousands to store a boat they use once a year. When that realization comes, you swoop in and pick up a solid boat for cheap.

4. kagraham

kagraham Junior Member

there are many other makes that are more reasonable priced, so you can potentially get more boat for your budget. Are you wanting new or used? Willing to travel to pick up the boat? I am particular partial to Cape Horns. http://capehornboats.com/oldsite/boat24.htm this is their 24 ft model. We have a 21 with a 200 merc saltwater series. It handles and rides like a boat several feet longer than it is. These boats are made in Florida on a limited production, so they are harder to find, especially outside of Florida. I know, we are in Oklahoma. This summer we test drove the 24 in the Gulf with twin 200 Yamaha 4strokes, it performed stunningly. These boats are very solid and simplistic, nothing you dont need. They have recently gotten more pricey however, but you should be able to find a couple year old 24 in your price range. I know you may not want to look that hard or drive far to get it, but IMO its worth it. Just thought i would let you know.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.