Cary Marine

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by CHICCO, Sep 4, 2003.

1. el tiegro

el tiegro New Member

Is this a cary hull

I'm looking at taking this boat for a sea trial, I'm thinking this looks like a blackfin hull, owner says it's a monte cristo, 1987. 33' with a 10' beam. Just wondering if anyone can confirm or give any info on it. Thanks in advance, anthony

Attached Files:

2. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

Hey Repowerman,

I had a few questions on the Cary 45.

What did it weigh after the repower to triple Yanmars?

What fuel capacity does a Cary 45 normally have? What kind of range would that get you with the Yanmars? Is there enough clearance over the engines to convert the rear cockpit area to a flat deck for sport fishing? Do they have a aft cabin? sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be in the know.

thanks,

Steve

3. repowerman

repowerman New Member

Hi Steve,

What did it weigh after the repower to triple Yanmars?

We did not weigh the boat. To get an accurate weight we usually weigh the travel lift first empty and then with the boat. We typically use 4 truck pad scales (rented) and drive the Lift on and off three times add the tree together and divid by 3 to get a vERY CLOSE weight. Do this both empty and with boat.

What fuel capacity does a Cary 45 normally have? I don't know about "Normally", since many where custom built with differewnt power options but this had two 200 gal tanks ( 400 gallons US) and we added a 300 gal bladder for the trip south.

What kind of range would that get you with the Yanmars? Depends on your total vessel weight, sea state and rpm, but on average (light load. 1-2 ft 2800 rpm, WOT being 3450 light load) with triple Yanmar 440's I would say about 1 mile a gallon. Of course this boat does 57 MPH with 6 people and FULL FUEL!!!!

Is there enough clearance over the engines to convert the rear cockpit area to a flat deck for sport fishing? Not really it is usually a sun pad since the engines are there, PLUS the Surface piercing drives would make fishing nearly impossible and very dangerous. Of course on the plus side your catch would probably be boated filleted already!

Do they have a aft cabin? No, a small space is under the helm area that is some times a stoarge/bulk area but mostly is used for ships systems like A/C units.

sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be in the know. Sometimes!

Feel free to ask anything. Hope I was some help.

David

4. dadrew

dadrew New Member

the cary pleasure boat well who likes pleasure when you can go over 90 MPH cary and pleasure crafts i just think they dont mix even fishing they are fall about speed and endurance

5. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

I don't think too many if any Cary's go over 90. And yes, lots of them are used for fishing

6. repowerman

repowerman New Member

Steve is correct the fastest Cary built THAT I KNOW OF was a tad over 70 MPH and was powered by twin 16V92 DDEC engines. I did a repower conversion on a 45 that when finished did 64 MPH with triple Yanmar 440's and Surface piercing drives.

7. vivalesteel

vivalesteel New Member

32ft cary

Hello all
    I got this 32ft cary (1975) as part of a trade Im not sure what its worth but it looks like a solid fast hull. Some one has redone the inside and made it a center console can some tell me if a set of yamaha 250 hp outboards with a bracket will push her? I would like to set it up as a dive boat.

Attached Files:

8. bananaboatsteve

bananaboatsteve New Member

Repowerman

hey Repowerman--I'm new to the site and just wondering--you caught my attention regarding your 28' Cary you had stated earlier--wondering if you were able to sell her and if not are you able to send any pics/specs and price to my email: cheeseslobs@bellsouth.net--thanks--Steve

9. highrollinmopar

highrollinmopar Junior Member

Here are some pictures of mine since the restore. I redid the transom with kevlar and raised it up 5" so it now uses a 25" shaft Yamaha 150 4 stroke. Then completlely stripped and painted the entire boat. All new rigging and electronics going in now. I love my Cary 19
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After pics are coming
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SO WHAT DO YOU'LL THINK?? ANYONE ELSE GOT SOME CARY PICTURES???

10. heater17

heater17 Junior Member

I just finished rebuilding my 1969 19 cary and when i take some pics i will post them. butttt.. for now i have some questions for ya. Do you know the dry weight of that boat? and how does it sit in the water with that 150 4 stroke? how much fuel does yours hold? do you have any pics of the boat in the water after the rebuild? What year is your boat? Where did you find that boat? do you know anyone that has one for sale? sorry for all the questions im just VERY interested in the 19 cary. Its a beautifull boat with nice lines JMO

11. heater17

heater17 Junior Member

hey i found some pics from a while ago. this was in the middle of my rebuild

Attached Files:

12. heater17

heater17 Junior Member

i cant make the pics bigger because they came from my cell phone

13. cpoynter84

cpoynter84 Junior Member

I am in the middle of sanding down and repainting my 1970 19 cary. Same boat u have. I will post pics when I am completed

14. heater17

heater17 Junior Member

have either of you guys had a lot of water time on your 19? if so i have a lot of questions...

15. cpoynter84

cpoynter84 Junior Member

Yes I take it out about 2 to 3 times a week for the last 2 years. What kind of questions do u have?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.