Can you name my hull type?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by YeaBouy2014, Oct 30, 2014.

1. YeaBouy2014

YeaBouy2014 New Member

Hi all,
    I have this 21ft hull. I have been told that it may have come from the British Virgin Islands (BVI). Ive looked about and asked about and cannot get an confirmed answer. Doe anyone have any ideas what type of hull this is??

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Well, it is obviously a planing type of hull, but I suspect you want to know what the make and model are.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What do the Hull Identification Numbers in the stern say?

4. YeaBouy2014

YeaBouy2014 New Member

Yes, am trying to ascertain the make/model. Checked for HIN but nothing to be found. The transom has been rebuilt.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The transom is not the only place the manufacture is required to place a HIN. There will be another on a structural element within the boat, not plainly or casually seen, but still fairly easy to find, if you look hard, often with an inspection mirror. Engine beds, major longitudinal stringers, major deck beams, the stem, the keel, etc. are all places to look. Lastly, no respectable repair shop will cover the HIN, doing a transom recore job. Even if the transom skin is completely trashed and replaced wholesale, the HIN is cut out and transferred or replicated on the new skin. This should make you question the work under the skin that covers the HIN, as it just might be a stolen boat, looking for a new home.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If the title doesn't have the information and there is no HIN, I would guess it is a stolen boat. It looks like it could be a Mako 23.

7. YeaBouy2014

YeaBouy2014 New Member

Yep, it's def a Mako 21. Will investigate further to find the HIN. Hopefully it may give more info in the year. It was in a real mess a year ago - many people said I was crazy to restore, but I'm happy with the end product. Thanks for your advice.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.