Bp delta Kq Kt propeller chart

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by nico, May 8, 2003.

1. nico

nico Senior Member

Hi,
    I am looking for Bp delta or Kq Kt propeller chart on the web. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Kt, Kq, J

You can get Kt, Kq vs J regression fit data for segmental commercial props from a paper published at SNAME Propellers'81 by Blount and Hubble.

The same type of fit is available for Waginengen B series and nozzle props in the current three volume PNA. However, using this data will tend to systematically overpitch typical small craft props and overload the engine.

That and and bunch of other fit algorithm data is available as data files for the "PSOP" propeller program from SNAME.

I give away Excel / Lotus spreadsheets for segmental and nozzle props at the prop seminars I occasionally do at IBEX or Workboat Show, but I don't know when I will be doing one again. Since the folks who go to the seminars paid IBEX or Workboat Show to go, and I promised to do an article with the data for one of the boating mags, I don't feel completely comfortable about just posting it.

However, should you find someone who has them, I have no problems with them passing the sheets along.

3. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Dave Gerr's book, The Propeller Handbook, also has some Bp-delta charts.

Eric Sponberg

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.