anyone know what make boat this is?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by roob76, Nov 25, 2006.

1. roob76

roob76 Junior Member

anyone know what make boat this is. it is registered as homebuilt so i assume someone knew someone in the business and was able to use a production mold but not use the name. it is quite an old boat from the looks of the way the decks are just a bit warped(but still extremely solid)from years of use. it has built in sponsoons and a splash well that was a bad design because it doesn't drain out anywhere. all the water collects in the well untill it overflows into the bildge area beneath through the access hatch. it is a bay boat being that the draft is atleast 12 inches. has a pretty sharp entry v that goes all the way to the transom(does not flatten out but slightly less deadrise in the rear). it is a 17'6" boat in length and the inside is laid out kinda like a flats boat. front and rear casting decks with lots of storage. the console on it is not the original console. i have done some repairs in the area and saw where the original bigger console was screwed down.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

I tried your image links and did not get through.
    Take care.

TGoz

3. roob76

roob76 Junior Member

that's wierd. i just tried them and they worked for me. can someone let me know if they work for them or not?

4. tony42

tony42 New Member

Nah, looks like ya got a problem with ya links.

5. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

6. roob76

roob76 Junior Member

thanks jeff!

7. jerry rigged

jerry rigged New Member

email me some more pics if you can.

jdpurks@comcast.net

There is a guy around me w/ a 20 footer alot like yours. His almost looks like a seacraft but has the top deck set up similar to a flats boat. Looks just like yours only longer. Instead of SeaCraft its called something like Sea ---- King ---or ?? I'll drive buy it tommorrow at some point.

8. roob76

roob76 Junior Member

i'll take some better pictures tommorrow and post them. thanks for the reply!

9. jerry rigged

jerry rigged New Member

I stopped by the boat that looks like yours to me. It is a Beach Craft. It's 20 or 21 ft. I was in a hurry. Says they are or were made in Miami FL.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.